• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Barmy Army

Langeveldt

Soutie
SirBloody Idiot said:
Now they are complaining because they find some of the Ashes chants offensive.

After asking Jason Gillespie where his caravan is and Warne where his wife is, I don't think they can talk about being offended.
To be honest, nobody can take the moral high ground when it comes to throwing insults and getting offended, not least Australia's players...

archie mac

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
To be honest, nobody can take the moral high ground when it comes to throwing insults and getting offended, not least Australia's players...
There is a saying in Aust. 'copping it sweet' the Aussie crowds did that in England and now it is the BA turn here in Aust.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Alysum said:
Even at the tri nations final I was the only one cheering for australia, all the others were poms cheering for the kiwis, where were the queenslanders?
EDIT: Probably shouldn't...

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Tomm NCCC said:
The English love them, because there the best set of fans in the world.

The Aussies hate them, because there the best set of fans in the world.

and about them being chavs -impossible, EVERY CHAV hates cricket
Have you read any of the posts in this thread? The Australian posters have been almost universally positive about the Barmy Army.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
Have you read any of the posts in this thread? The Australian posters have been almost universally positive about the Barmy Army.
Fully expecting that Andmark guy to appear and say that he thinks England will win in Brisbane. He'll have read the first page of the 1st test thread and then have ignored the rest.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I'm expecting Andmark to come on here and explain how turnips can sometimes be used as fresh vegetables quick 345 3

Legga

Banned
The Barmy Army are tools.
I thought they were but this morning confirmed it for me.
Shane Warne coming out to bat for the last time at home with Symonds who had just made his first test century and what do those Pom losers do?
They start booing.
What a pack of A-holes.
Thank goodness there was enough Aussie supporters to drown most of it out.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Indeed. The more vocal they became throughout the Collingwood/Pietersen partnership in Brisbane the more I enjoyed the cricket. Great for the sport.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I actually felt sorry for the Barmy Army. They cheered their hearts out every match and how do they get repayed by the English cricket team? Absolute crap all.

Stumped

Banned
Im an aussie, i like the barmy army they bring something to the game that no other spectators can, i think its great an english test match wouldnt be the same without them

i hope for their sakes england start giving them something to blow that trumpet about

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loved when they started singing the Rocky theme in Melbourne, that was class.

Stumped

Banned
_Ed_ said:
Loved when they started singing the Rocky theme in Melbourne, that was class.
yer barmy army's finest moment

just too bad england couldnt show that fighting spirit

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Legga said:
Shane Warne coming out to bat for the last time at home with Symonds who had just made his first test century and what do those Pom losers do?
They start booing.
What a pack of A-holes.
You sure about that?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Legga said:
They start booing.
What a pack of A-holes.

i) I don't believe you one bit. The real barmy army are true cricket fans, and will applaud a good innings, they won't ever boo any player without reason.