• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Betting Thread

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Clark with the bowling average of 19?

Anyway, I won't be betting on the Ashes at all, I don't think. I like the odd bet, but for a sporting event I'm already so interested in I just don't feel it would add anything, and I doubt there'd be any odds that really interest me anyway. During the World Cup this year I didn't bet on any of the matches involving Australia directly, for the same reason.

howardj

International Coach
I had $10 on Strauss today, for top run-scorer.

Normally, I'd back Ponting, but his odds are prohibitively short.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bloke in The Mirror has tipped a bit of a steal today IMHO. Betfair are offering England with a 2.5 test start @ 10/11! which, for Oz punters is about $1.91. Seems amazing value.

So unless Oz wins 3-0, 4-1, 4-0 or 5-0 they pay out.

aussie tragic

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Bloke in The Mirror has tipped a bit of a steal today IMHO. Betfair are offering England with a 2.5 test start @ 10/11! which, for Oz punters is about $1.91. Seems amazing value.

So unless Oz wins 3-0, 4-1, 4-0 or 5-0 they pay out.
Looks like a sucker bet then as he'd be sure to lose :)

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I bet on the First Test being a draw and the series overall being 2-1 to Aus.