• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bell's Injury Scare

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ian Bell was hit on the wrist at practice today by James Anderson and was taken to hospital for x-rays on his left arm.

If he's out, who will play? I note that a certain M. Vaughan Esq., touched down in Brisbane yesterday. Thoughts?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Ian Bell was ruled out of this test I think they would go with Ed Joyce over Michael Vaughan, I can't see Vaughan playing any role in the Ashes unless England are in deep, deep trouble and really need him. It would be too disruptive to the team otherwise. I hope Bell's alright though, he needs to show he can perform against the best.

Alysum

U19 Debutant
that would be another huge blow if Bell doesn't play...!

Joyce first test vs Aus going to be hard for him

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Do you even play cricket? 130kmph ****ing hurts, and could easily break a bone if hit in the right place.
It only hurts you cus your soft. :p

If he is injuried its a major blow to England, one of their in form batsmen out and have to be replaced by a debutant.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
pasag said:
Hope he's okay. We want to thrash a 'full' England team here. No excuses.
There will always be the Simon Jones and Micheal Vaughan excuse. Harmison and Giles weren't fully fit excuses.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
chaminda_00 said:
If he is injuried its a major blow to England, one of their in form batsmen out and have to be replaced by a debutant.
Owais Shah should be the one called up to play if Bell is out...but that's not going to happen.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dasa said:
Owais Shah should be the one called up to play if Bell is out...but that's not going to happen.
Why should he?

IMO Joyce was the right pick when Trescothick pulled out.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Why should he?

IMO Joyce was the right pick when Trescothick pulled out.
Why not?
Shah has already made his Test debut, done well and looked solid. It's not as if age should be a factor either, Shah is slightly younger than Joyce. Added to that, if Bell doesn't play, Shah would be a perfect fit for the no.3 position considering he plays at that position most of the time in First-Class cricket.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Shah was selected when Joyce wasn't available to be fair - Joyce has got the top order covering job because he's a bit more versatile in it IMO (plus of course he's a leftie, which we're lacking in)