• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top Ten Ashes Sledges

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think this Ashes will be a non entity as far as sledging is concerned.. Bar McGrath, Warne and Hayden, the two teams are fielding a bunch of verbal wet fish...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right now, the worst sledge you could give anyone is "You bowl like Harmison".

irfan

State Captain
Haha funny thing is that playing backyard cricket with some mates today, I could sledged that when I sprayed it everywhere.

Unlike Harmison, once I got it right I picked up a few wickets

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Burgey said:
Please refer to the second quote in the below signature.

Priceless.
Wasn't the unnamed Aus umpire McConnell (or something like that)? Tufnell certainly names him in his autobiography.

EDIT memo to self about reading subsequent contributions to a thread

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fred Trueman seemed to be a fair character back in the day, came out with a few funny ones that have been mentioned.