• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne in the Ashes

Shane Warne`s performance in the Ashes?

• 2 - Few wickets, little influence

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

techno t

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Nnanden said:
Probably the only one who thinks so, but Warne`s form is atrocious to be honest. Hasn`t done much of note for a while, on different grounds. Can see him doing crap all this series. Anyone else on the same page?
well he's still turning the ball (more than king of spain has done) and he will still be crucial for australia. He'll torment us english, i have no doubt :wacko:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Nnanden said:
Probably the only one who thinks so, but Warne`s form is atrocious to be honest. Hasn`t done much of note for a while, on different grounds. Can see him doing crap all this series. Anyone else on the same page?

To be fair, KP, Collingwood and co have made him look very ordinary, with some extremely good batting, he didn't bowl as badly as his figures suggest.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
PhoenixFire said:
To be fair, KP, Collingwood and co have made him look very ordinary, with some extremely good batting, he didn't bowl as badly as his figures suggest.
WRT his figures, I read in the paper today that the 167 runs he conceded in our first innings is the most he's ever conceded in any innings of his 142-game test career. Kudos to Colly & KP for that. :happy:

tooextracool

International Coach
Nnanden said:
Who do they drop for MacGill then? Lee? Surely they can`t drop Clark.
If Australia do drop Lee it wont be for Macgill, it will be for Tait or Johnson. They wont go into a test match with 2 medium pacers, not even with Watson playing especially when most of their plans for the English batsmen revolve around bouncing players out. So Mcgrath has to be first in line for the chop at the moment.

tooextracool

International Coach
Tomm NCCC said:
:laugh:
Very clever

5 wickets in 3 Innings says average to me.
not when hes bowling most of those overs on a first day wicket. No matter how highly you rate Warne, or Muralitharan for that matter, theres absolutely no way either of them should be taking a bag full of wickets in the first 2 innings on a test match wicket outside the subcontinent unless of course the opposition side are absolutely rubbish against spin a la England last year.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Something tells me this thread and the "Hands up if you wrote off McGrath" thread are going to go through a number of twists and turns with a few "I told you so's" going back and forth.

To be fair, getting wickets this test has been like getting blood out of a stone so far, Hoggard excepted. 12 wickets in 10 sessions, and only 10 for the bowlers. I can still see Warne having a good series by the conclusion, particularly if another bowler can do him a favor or two where Pietersen is concerned. :ph34r:

Warne's having a good all round series so far.

Caught a number of good slip catches without fail, scored about 60 runs in 2 innings & got 5 wickets so far.

Great cricketer.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BingLeeElectric said:
Warne's having a good all round series so far.

Caught a number of good slip catches without fail, scored about 60 runs in 2 innings & got 5 wickets so far.

Great cricketer.
KP on top of Warne atm though.