Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashes Commentary

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poker Boy
    That's a religous problem - I'm against sectarian chanting btw - and I reckon Aussies should get a brain cell. To think they called Monty a "stupid Indian" - didn't know Luton was a part of India. Maybe that's why they like Stephanie? - simple things occupy simple minds. As Simon Hughes said "there is one thing wrong with Australia. Australians live there."
    I'm pretty sure you'll find there's bigoted idiots who say stupid things in the UK as well. You might find them pretty close to home, in fact.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

That's a religous problem - I'm against sectarian chanting btw - and I reckon Aussies should get a brain cell. To think they called Monty a "stupid Indian" - didn't know Luton was a part of India. Maybe that's why they like Stephanie? - simple things occupy simple minds. As Simon Hughes said "there is one thing wrong with Australia. Australians live there."
    You seem to be digging yourself a hole here, besides the massive flaw in your so called arguments, first you're against women on screen becuase they're unpopular, then when told this woman is infact popular, you retort it's only becuase she attractive. But besides that, in an absurd way, you reason that Australians aren't sexist becuase we're 'simple'. That is laughable. Ha.
    Last edited by pasag; 15-11-2006 at 08:14 AM.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Yes they are idiots in Britain too - but at least if we say rude things we get our facts right! PS - you avoided my question - is Stephanie? popular because of her looks or her talent?
    Ian Botham, Freddie Flintoff, Kevin Pietersen, Brian Laudrup, Gazza and Daniela Hantuchova....a fan of you all FOREVER!!!
    Can't wait to see Australia field a crap leg-spinner like Hollland or Hohns again.....
    Congratulations to Daniela Hantuchova on her 3rd career title....
    Bob Woolmer 1948-2007..farewell to the best coach England never had...
    Arise Sir Beefy....
    Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb...

Quote Originally Posted by pasag
    You seem to be digging yourself a hole here, besides the massive flaw in your so called arguments, first your against women becuase shes unpopular, then when told she is popular, you retort it's only becuase she attractive. But besides that, in an absurd way, you reason that Australians aren't sexist becuase were 'simple'. That is laughable. Ha.
    I don't know why she's popular - I just asked. And if she's popular because she's nice looking it makes someone here who slagged me off for liking Hantuchova a hyprocrite. I explained why I like Hantuchova - so all I'm asking for is why do you like Stephanie?

I don't know why she's popular - I just asked. And if she's popular because she's nice looking it makes someone here who slagged me off for liking Hantuchova a hyprocrite. I explained why I like Hantuchova - so all I'm asking for is why do you like Stephanie?
    She's popular becuase she's smart and insightful. She's not there for her looks. I don't even find her that attractive (Link). There are plenty of better "token bimbos" out there, as you so tactfully describe them. However, I fail to see what this has to do with anything, as you don't care whether she is smart, well respected or knows the game inside out. You don't want her there merely becuase she is a woman.

I certainly don't find her attractive at all, and actually I don't really like her that much either. I've got nothing against her, but it's not like I desperately want to see her on the cricket or anything. The problem with your attitude is not that Stephanie is some sort of saint and a cricketing genius who must be appreciated by all humans, it's that it wouldn't matter at all if she was because your only problem with her is that she's a woman.

The only thing anyone should care about is whether or not she's good at her job, and generally speaking she is well liked and obviously people think she's a good host, which is why Nine picked her up for the position.

She's popular becuase she's smart and insightful. She's not there for her looks. I don't even find her that attractive (Link). There are plenty of better "token bimbos" out there, as you so tactfully describe them. However, I fail to see what this has to do with anything, as you don't care whether she is smart, well respected or knows the game inside out. You don't want her there merely becuase she is a woman.
    Ah well we agree on something! You like Stephanie? for the same reason I like Hantuchova - mind you she is definately more beautiful than Stephanie? and as she speaks four languages I'd wager she's more intelligent. If you haven't seen Hantuchova go to www.danielahantuchova.sk for photos. PS - we're never going to convert anybody to our views - let's agree to differ! And tell me how Stephanie? does as Sky has their own coverage so I won't see her.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Love™
    Could be SP's dad.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

And tell me how Stephanie? does as Sky has their own coverage so I won't see her.
    It's not the point how she does, she could be a total screw up and it wouldn't validate anything you've said.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes
    What about employing ex-women test cricketers? ABC radio had some commentary from Belinda Clarke one time not long ago. What are your "thoughts" on that?
    See Clare Connor mentioned earlier in the thread.

It's not the point how she does, she could be a total screw up and it wouldn't validate anything you've said.
    It would prove my point - or are you saying it only matters if a male commentator/pundit is crap?

It would prove my point - or are you saying it only matters if a male commentator/pundit is crap?
    Have you read anything anyone here has written ffs? This post makes me think not.

I'm a sucker for punishment, so I'll give it one more try.

If she was crap, it wouldn't prove your argument that women are incapable of presenting the cricket, it would merely indicate that Stephanie Brantz was incapable of presenting the cricket. Surely that's simple enough?

See, Geoff Boycott is a good commentator and Waqar Younis is a bad commentator, and yet they are both men. Similarly, Ramiz Raja isn't too bad as commentators go, even though he is from Pakistan just like Waqar. So if Stephanie Brantz was a bad presenter, it wouldn't mean that, for instance, Karen Rolton or someone wouldn't be a perfectly capable cricket presenter, despite the fact that they are both women.

And if you think I'm sexist you haven't read my signature - one of my favourite sports stars is a female tennis player (and I'm a member of an internet forum about her -hardly the actions of a sexist person)
    I'm looking forward to Poker Boy using the line "some of my best friends are girls" as part of his argument...

Quote Originally Posted by burr
    I wish the ABC would stop over-hyping KoK
    Maybe they're on a retainer from Ron Jeremy?

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information