• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Commentary

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Love Boycott, love Gower, hate Hussain, love Atherton, love Botham, love Holding, love Lloyd, hate Agnew, love Nicholas, love Greig, love Slater, Healy and Taylor (especially) That's about it.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ditto. Aggers and Skull are tops but quite a few of the others on ABC Grandstand are good as well.
I enjoy listening to most of the ABC crew, but Lawson, Alderman & Fleming are all dire. I definetly agree that Skull & Aggers are the best of the lot though.

Slow Love™

International Captain
That's because you're a fan of Lee, and whenever Lee is bowling and Nicholas is in the box:

*Lee bowls outside off, Cook leaves*

"Look at this man, charge in, what a man! What an athelete! The heart, the guts and sheer determination, just inspiring stuff. A mentor to Australian youngsters everywhere."

8-)
:laugh:

Gets my chest heaving. Faaip would have to be blinking away the tears.

Slow Love™

International Captain
I'm not sure how others felt, but I thought the new "three in the combox" thing worked pretty well, even if the commentary was still godawful at times (though that's nothing new) - I thought that in particular it helped Tubbs, who really benefitted from the banter style approach when he was in there with Slats and Healy. On the other hand, at times it made Lawry sound even more of a dill as he got gang-tackled, rather than savaged by Greiggy and Chapelli individually.

I quite liked it though, and I hope they keep it. Don't know whether it was actually considered a success or not.

howardj

International Coach
Didn't know where else to put this.

Deserves a thread of its own.

This article is brilliant.

This guy is about the only journalist who has nailed the Series. England lost 5-0 not because the chasm between the two teams is that wide, but because it:

"never recovered from that last morning at the Adelaide Oval. The dark and terrible things that took place there haunted it for the rest of the series and will stay with the players for the rest of their sporting lives. It was sport as nightmare, the kind of ghastly dream in which you run naked through your old school in search of the exam for which you have not prepared."

hahaha what a perfect analogy.

Highly recommended.

McKanga

School Boy/Girl Captain
.....Deserves a thread of its own.

This article is brilliant. .....
I don't know about a thread of its own yet, probably a little too soon for the English fans. But what is said in the article had to be said sometime and buried here is a kinder way of putting it out for a wider view. No-one who saw it live or live on TV really believes what they saw. Here in Adelaide everyone has a story of what they were doing that afternoon and those smug buggers who went along will talk about it for the rest of their lives.