• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ads for the Ashes

Slow Love™

International Captain
I've seen that first ad on TV, and it's freakin' awful, IMO. Too po-faced and stupid. I'd rather something with more sporting action in it or humor. Or a decent jingle or something.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
burkey_1988 said:
I'd feel cut if I were left out of the XI in the first one.
Haha, exactly what I thought. You see Clark standing there and feel sorry for him.

I`ll go against SL, and say I`m really for it. Sort of builds up the occasion and makes me realise how much I want Australia to win. Jingles and humour usually don`t come off, and that can be left to some other company. Good way to start off IMO.

pasag

RTDAS
I liked the Foxtel one with the interview with Ponting after the 5th test. Not on youtube though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I laughed when I saw Stuart Clark there the first time I saw it. Nothing against him, but he just so doesn't belong in that ad its not funny.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Slow Love™ said:
I've seen that first ad on TV, and it's freakin' awful, IMO. Too po-faced and stupid. I'd rather something with more sporting action in it or humor. Or a decent jingle or something.
TBF it's fairly tongue-in-cheek I think; Gilly catching the meat on the plate is the giveaway.

Wonder how many takes Geraint would've needed?

Slow Love™

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
TBF it's fairly tongue-in-cheek I think; Gilly catching the meat on the plate is the giveaway.

Wonder how many takes Geraint would've needed?
Haha... Yeah, I know it's TIC and deliberately OTT, but that still doesn't make it funny or amusing. Just had me rolling my eyes and I've seen "The Right Stuff" thing done far too many times for my liking.

Didn't mind the last one Laurrz posted - you have to cut off the search part of the link though.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Yeah the last one was the best, although I'm unsure about the Jones injury being used.

Still, it'll fire Horse up for next time if he sees it :) (not that he needs much firing up against you lot).