• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Fans - What will you be doing?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I stayed up all night no problem. Then had to go to the doctors at 9:20 who signed a form saying i was of sound mind (for my year abroad forms) then got back and slept at around 10 and only got up at 7:45.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
So knackered at school today, only got up at 5:30 as well. Plenty of scope for kip over the next few days though, training day tomorrow and some pointless revision techniques crap on Monday.

chalky

International Debutant
Managed to stay awake until tea dosed off at around 5am. Watched the last session on Sky Plus (for my sins) when I got up.

Craig

World Traveller
Langeveldt said:
Stayed up till the lunch session last night, but had to be at work this morning.. Working tomorrow to, but should manage some all nighters over the weekend..

The main question is, what do you do at lunch? You can't doze off really, and its 40 boring minutes
I'm sure there is a few things to do :naughty:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I have to admit I was a little half-arsed this morning. Set my alarm for 1.50 (a miscalculation on my part, I meant to set it for ten minutes before start of arvo session, which should've been 2.30) saw it was something like 420-4 so went back to sleep until 5.30. Fred took Clark's wicket more-or-less straight away, which was as good as it got unfortunately.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I only saw the evening session this morning (that sounds mad doesn't it?) but tonight, I'll get in from watching the Mighty Whites and watch as long as I can.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
only lasted till lunch today, likely that i'll stay a bit longer tonight, don't think i can go through though have football tomorrow

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Sorted out a good system:

Be in bed for 9.30, drop off at 10.00

Wake up at 1.00, watch the last hour before lunch, go to sleep at 2.00

Wake up at 3.00, watch 90 mins, asleep by 4.30.

Sleep for 2 hours, wake up at 6.30, watch the last 30-60 mins,

then go to school. All in all, its about 6 hours sleep, I can manage on that and i see a decent chunk of action. Sky in my room makes it tons easier.

Jungle Jumbo

Thought I was doing pretty well today until history test last thing. Kept kind of mentally dropping off and didn't finish. Needed another minute on the 35.

andmark

International Captain
The Baconator said:
I was just wondering how viewers in England were going to follow the series, what with the games in the middle of the night and all.

I'll probably try and get up around five-ish before school when it's on and catch the last couple of hours before catching the rest on Sky or BBC highlights. With the boxing day Test/weekends I might watch the full day, I'll see how my already sleep-deprived body takes it.
On Boxing day I will stay up for a few hours.

Jungle Jumbo

Got up at five again to see possibly the worst session of Test cricket I have ever seen. Six thirty tomorrow.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Series so far:
Day 1 - up til about 3.40am. Day 2 - went to bed as soon as Ponting hit his first boundary. Could tell it was going to be a long day. Day 3 - up til about 5. Today - not long. Will be all over soon.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Managed the full distance last night, first time I've done it without the aid of a nap beforehand. It's all about varying your stimuli to keep you awake.

I got home from work at about 0.20am with some pizza to eat that I bought on the way home as I was starving. That kept me awake until about 1ish, as did the beer I was in desperate need of after a stressful night at work. I then got through until lunch thanks to some conversation with 2 mates who were accompanying me.

Lunchtime I had a shower and a cup of tea, followed by another beer and a glass of Coke afterwards for added effect. Couple more cups of tea and some conversation kept me awake until 7.30am, at which point I promptly dropped dead on returning upstairs to bed.

However it's now 12.25pm and I'm up again, for some reason.