Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: English Fans - What will you be doing?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    I'll just be up til i get bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Banned
    Well, in 2005 I found the best way to go about it was to have a shower during the lunch or tea breaks to keep you awake. Mind you, the games started at 8 pm over here so it may have been a bit easier.

For those of you in England, the shower is the wide-headed nozzle mounted high on the wall in the bathroom, often above the bath, sometimes surrounded by a glass cubicle or behind a plastic curtain.

Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey
    For those of you in England, the shower is the wide-headed nozzle mounted high on the wall in the bathroom, often above the bath, sometimes surrounded by a glass cubicle or behind a plastic curtain.
    You know what it is but still choose not to use it?

Banned
    Mate, it's that hot in Sydney at the moment I'm having about 3 per day. The old sweaty patches on the business shirt is not a real flash look.

Seriously, cannot recall a more exciting build up to a series in this country, ever. Maybe 1992-93 was close, but still not as big. At that time we were on the way up and thought we would beat the Windies, but this series is way bigger than that. Got the new stereo on the work desk which has a 15 centimetre LCD tv in it so it looks like i'm working but am just watching thgame all day. Sensational.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    I've decided to try to go to sleep about 8, set my alarm for ten-to-twelve, watch first session, try to sleep until 5am & catch last session before work.

Foolproof.
    I'm on a similar plan without the evening nap

Woke up this morning feeling knackered, straight away I was gutted, knowing it would wreck my Ashes plans, and the day I've had at work has exhausted me. I'm on my 5th coffee now, but I dobut I'll even last the whole first session.

Still, day three is generally a good one to watch in Tests, so I'll go through the night on Friday, straight home from PP, quite a good night's sport actually

Got in from work before, and said to my missus, "Sorry for ignoring you love."

She looked confused, said, "when?"

I said, "the next six weeks."

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero
    I'm on a similar plan without the evening nap

Woke up this morning feeling knackered, straight away I was gutted, knowing it would wreck my Ashes plans, and the day I've had at work has exhausted me. I'm on my 5th coffee now, but I dobut I'll even last the whole first session.

Still, day three is generally a good one to watch in Tests, so I'll go through the night on Friday, straight home from PP, quite a good night's sport actually

Got in from work before, and said to my missus, "Sorry for ignoring you love."

She looked confused, said, "when?"

I said, "the next six weeks."
    Quality.

My plans for last night were hampered by the fact that I was really ill - some sort of stomach bug which resulted in me puking five times between 7am and 7pm. I got about 3.5hrs between 4.30am and 7 the night before, then the odd hour here and there during the day when my stomach wasn't feeling too dodgy.

Watched the first hour or so, then started feeling overwhelmingly tired and took the opportunity to get a good 3 hours or so, before coming back downstairs at 4.15am and falling asleep on the sofa in fits and starts throughout the rest of the night. Still have a very dodgy stomach and have no idea how things are going to go tonight. Fingers crossed my situation improves soon, although having an excuse to sit on the sofa all day and do nothing is pretty cool.

Pinball Champion!
    Stayed up till the lunch session last night, but had to be at work this morning.. Working tomorrow to, but should manage some all nighters over the weekend..

The main question is, what do you do at lunch? You can't doze off really, and its 40 boring minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    I quite happily went to sleep during lunch. And tea. And to be honest the Giles-Pietersen bowling thing in the last session didn't do too good a job of keeping me awake either.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    It appears I'm going to have a lot of company in our house on Wednesday night. Should be fun.

(Sorry)

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Got up a five, only real sleep-stopper was a mug of black coffee at seven. Tried hard not to fall asleep in double French, but I think that had little to do with me being tired. I thinm I might invest 69p in a packet of glucose sweets tomorrow, should do the trick along with the coffee.

Boredmeeting Champion!
    I stayed up all night no problem. Then had to go to the doctors at 9:20 who signed a form saying i was of sound mind (for my year abroad forms) then got back and slept at around 10 and only got up at 7:45.

International Vice-Captain
    So knackered at school today, only got up at 5:30 as well. Plenty of scope for kip over the next few days though, training day tomorrow and some pointless revision techniques crap on Monday.

Managed to stay awake until tea dosed off at around 5am. Watched the last session on Sky Plus (for my sins) when I got up.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Stayed up till the lunch session last night, but had to be at work this morning.. Working tomorrow to, but should manage some all nighters over the weekend..

The main question is, what do you do at lunch? You can't doze off really, and its 40 boring minutes
    I'm sure there is a few things to do
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    I'm sure there is a few things to do
    For 40 minutes Are you Ron Jeremy or something?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information