• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Fans - What will you be doing?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Directions?

:ph34r:
Haha, well, if you can be bothered making the lengthy journey to the other side of town, you're welcome to come - far end of Portswood if you even know where that is. Given how far away you are I doubt you ever have to venture to our end of town.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Barney Rubble said:
Haha, well, if you can be bothered making the lengthy journey to the other side of town, you're welcome to come - far end of Portswood if you even know where that is. Given how far away you are I doubt you ever have to venture to our end of town.
Though I am im peak physical condition, I think I shall decline the generous offer then.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I've decided to try to go to sleep about 8, set my alarm for ten-to-twelve, watch first session, try to sleep until 5am & catch last session before work.

Foolproof. :p

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Gonna grab some sleep shortly. Up at 11 and bring me duvet with me to the sofa, dose on and off all night with the cricket on.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think I can make the first session. Need to write this essay and time I finish my weights I will be dead tired. Will most likely wake up early doors tomorrow like JungleJumbo and take it from there. No point Sky + it, highlights are on at 11.30 am.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
TT Boy said:
Don't think I can make the first session. Need to write this essay and time I finish my weights I will be dead tired. Will most likely wake up early doors tomorrow like JungleJumbo and take it from there. No point Sky + it, highlights are on at 11.30 am.
I like the way my username gets italicised, a touch of class there.

Burgey

Well, in 2005 I found the best way to go about it was to have a shower during the lunch or tea breaks to keep you awake. Mind you, the games started at 8 pm over here so it may have been a bit easier.

For those of you in England, the shower is the wide-headed nozzle mounted high on the wall in the bathroom, often above the bath, sometimes surrounded by a glass cubicle or behind a plastic curtain.:unsure:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Burgey said:
For those of you in England, the shower is the wide-headed nozzle mounted high on the wall in the bathroom, often above the bath, sometimes surrounded by a glass cubicle or behind a plastic curtain.:unsure:
You know what it is but still choose not to use it? :p

Burgey

Mate, it's that hot in Sydney at the moment I'm having about 3 per day. The old sweaty patches on the business shirt is not a real flash look.

Seriously, cannot recall a more exciting build up to a series in this country, ever. Maybe 1992-93 was close, but still not as big. At that time we were on the way up and thought we would beat the Windies, but this series is way bigger than that. Got the new stereo on the work desk which has a 15 centimetre LCD tv in it so it looks like i'm working but am just watching thgame all day. Sensational.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
BoyBrumby said:
I've decided to try to go to sleep about 8, set my alarm for ten-to-twelve, watch first session, try to sleep until 5am & catch last session before work.

Foolproof. :p
I'm on a similar plan without the evening nap :@

Woke up this morning feeling knackered, straight away I was gutted, knowing it would wreck my Ashes plans, and the day I've had at work has exhausted me. I'm on my 5th coffee now, but I dobut I'll even last the whole first session.

Still, day three is generally a good one to watch in Tests, so I'll go through the night on Friday, straight home from PP, quite a good night's sport actually :)

Got in from work before, and said to my missus, "Sorry for ignoring you love."

She looked confused, said, "when?"

I said, "the next six weeks."

Barney Rubble

International Coach
GeraintIsMyHero said:
I'm on a similar plan without the evening nap :@

Woke up this morning feeling knackered, straight away I was gutted, knowing it would wreck my Ashes plans, and the day I've had at work has exhausted me. I'm on my 5th coffee now, but I dobut I'll even last the whole first session.

Still, day three is generally a good one to watch in Tests, so I'll go through the night on Friday, straight home from PP, quite a good night's sport actually :)

Got in from work before, and said to my missus, "Sorry for ignoring you love."

She looked confused, said, "when?"

I said, "the next six weeks."
:laugh: Quality.

My plans for last night were hampered by the fact that I was really ill - some sort of stomach bug which resulted in me puking five times between 7am and 7pm. I got about 3.5hrs between 4.30am and 7 the night before, then the odd hour here and there during the day when my stomach wasn't feeling too dodgy.

Watched the first hour or so, then started feeling overwhelmingly tired and took the opportunity to get a good 3 hours or so, before coming back downstairs at 4.15am and falling asleep on the sofa in fits and starts throughout the rest of the night. Still have a very dodgy stomach and have no idea how things are going to go tonight. Fingers crossed my situation improves soon, although having an excuse to sit on the sofa all day and do nothing is pretty cool.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Stayed up till the lunch session last night, but had to be at work this morning.. Working tomorrow to, but should manage some all nighters over the weekend..

The main question is, what do you do at lunch? You can't doze off really, and its 40 boring minutes

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I quite happily went to sleep during lunch. And tea. And to be honest the Giles-Pietersen bowling thing in the last session didn't do too good a job of keeping me awake either.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Got up a five, only real sleep-stopper was a mug of black coffee at seven. Tried hard not to fall asleep in double French, but I think that had little to do with me being tired. I thinm I might invest 69p in a packet of glucose sweets tomorrow, should do the trick along with the coffee.