• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question for non- Australian or English Fans

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very highly, the last Ashes series was about the first time I've sat down and watched Test Cricket, it's really what got me into cricket so much.

Xuhaib

International Coach
The three biggest highlights for me in descending order.

• World Cup
  • Indo Pak Test Series
  • Ashes

Chris Riddell

Cricket Spectator
Maybe being over here has changed my perception slightly, but as far as I am concerned, the Ashes is the best example of a test series, just because of the history and the intensity of it all.

The Ashes have got better now that England won the last series. You know that Australia wil want to win the urn back, and that England will not want to lose it again. Should be a classic.

shortpitched713

International Captain
I rate it like any other Test series. If its interesting then I'll tend to watch it more, otherwise I won't watch it so much.

That said, last years Ashes were absolutely riveting, and definitely held my attention.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I'm bored already, with the "comments" and why people care about them

Shane Warne reckons something
Glenn thinks England are rubbish
Damien hurt someones feelings
Monty said something or other
Ricky might have said something
Michael Vaughan thinks something

Lets start the cricket already, which in 2005 was 10/10.. I don't care who wins as long as the cricket is even half as good as it was..

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Normally, 5/10.
Last one, 10/10.

Which means I'm pretty much guaranteed to watch every ball of the next one.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was backing the English last time, only because it was such an upset and they deserved it but now I am back to supporting the baggy green. I rate them quite highly, based on the last series which is the only one I have seen.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Nobody really, I don't support England when SA play them, so I'm not going to pick and chose this time.. I dislike Australia as much as the next man, so nobody really :laugh: Just up for some good cricket

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
I'm bored already, with the "comments" and why people care about them

Shane Warne reckons something
Glenn thinks England are rubbish
Damien hurt someones feelings
Monty said something or other
Ricky might have said something
Michael Vaughan thinks something

Lets start the cricket already, which in 2005 was 10/10.. I don't care who wins as long as the cricket is even half as good as it was..
:laugh: Good appraisal of the usual pre-series war of words. Never liked that.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Last one 8/10, before that 2/10 and I am pretty sure curent one will end up 2/10.

Dravid

International Captain
adharcric said:
Who are all of you non-Aussie, non-English fans supporting this year?

Aussies for me.
England. I never support the Aussies anymore. I'm tired of eeing them win.

greg

International Debutant
shortpitched713 said:
I'm supporting the Aussies, but I like Flintoff, so I want it to be a close series so he can retain the captaincy.
If you like Flintoff, then you should want him to get rid of the captaincy ASAP IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sanz said:
Last one 8/10, before that 2/10 and I am pretty sure curent one will end up 2/10.
Only 8 for the previous one? A series like that which captured the attention of almost the whole cricket world, and had 3 edge-of-your-seat finishes in a row is upwards of 9 for me.

May agree on your other point though. Not as low as 2 though, but I can see it being a Hayden-fest, and I just don't enjoy watching the man bat.

shortpitched713

International Captain
greg said:
If you like Flintoff, then you should want him to get rid of the captaincy ASAP IMO.
I disagree. I think the captaincy will raise his game. Which is why I was all for him being picked over Strauss. There's no way you can tell me that Strauss is a more inspiring leader than Flintoff.

R_D

International Debutant
Ashes 2005 9.5/10. before 2005... don't even want to rate it.
There's so much more hype for this one and it already feels like its going to be a big let down...With all the injuries it certainly doesn't look good for Eng but lets hope they play well and it turns out to be at least half as good as the last one.