• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boycott calls for Fletcher to go

Craig

World Traveller
Full story

I suppose it could be moved if it is in the wrong forum.

I have to agree with Boycott on most, but you can't sack your coach less then a month out from the Ashes begins, it would be too disruptive for one and another it would take away any hope England had. IMO I think he wil lleave after the World Cup next year (unless he has already said or has said otherwise).

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not going to happen so mute point, and whilst I'm not exactly a Boycott fan:

"If I were playing for England and the team sheet went up and Yardy was batting in front of me, there would be hell to pay. I wouldn't let it happen. How do you think it makes other batsmen in the team feel? What sort of message does that send out if a left-arm spinner who bats a bit goes in ahead of you?"
LOL! So true.

techno t

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Craig said:
Full story

I suppose it could be moved if it is in the wrong forum.

I have to agree with Boycott on most, but you can't sack your coach less then a month out from the Ashes begins, it would be too disruptive for one and another it would take away any hope England had. IMO I think he wil lleave after the World Cup next year (unless he has already said or has said otherwise).
yep it has been mentioned before dude, and i do believe boycott is right on most issues. Maybe there needs some fresh ideas, or atleast to pick the best and most attacking team

techno t

silentstriker said:
Huge huge boycs fan here. How can anyone not like that lovable yorkie? :unsure:
i love the guy, straight talking no BS. He should be in the england setup in some sorta role :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Boycott is a great commentator, but he does occasionally talk real crap on various issues. England being the best in the world in both tests and ODIs after last Ashes, for instance.

Love him in the commentary box though. My favourite after Benaud.

FaaipDeOiad said:
Boycott is a great commentator, but he does occasionally talk real crap on various issues. England being the best in the world in both tests and ODIs after last Ashes, for instance.
What a complete tool.

I used to think he was OK until I read that. I'm surprised too because he doesn't give the impression he thought that a lot of the time and, like Bob Willis, can be quite scathing of England.

I'd expect that kind of tripe more from a cheerleader type like Dermot Reeve or Ian Botham.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
BingLeeElectric said:
What a complete tool.

I used to think he was OK until I read that. I'm surprised too because he doesn't give the impression he thought that a lot of the time and, like Bob Willis, can be quite scathing of England.

I'd expect that kind of tripe more from a cheerleader type like Dermot Reeve or Ian Botham.

Too far. You can call Botham a fool, you can call Bob Willis a tool, but don't ever dare insult the greatest living Yorkshireman :dry:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
Too far. You can call Botham a fool, you can call Bob Willis a tool, but don't ever dare insult the greatest living Yorkshireman :dry:
Dickie Bird is the greatest living Yorkshireman.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Sack Fletcher and make Flintoff captain/coach. Freddy's being a bit lazy and not really doing enough for the team IMO.

techno t

Matt79 said:
Sack Fletcher and make Flintoff captain/coach. Freddy's being a bit lazy and not really doing enough for the team IMO.
why not make him drinks boy aswell, and the coach driver :blink: