• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Highest Run Scorer.

Who will do the most business?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
The odds:

HAYDEN Matthew 6.00
LANGER Justin 7.00
PONTING Ricky 4.50
MARTYN Damien 11.00
CLARKE Michael 17.00
HUSSEY Michael 7.50
JAQUES Phil 21.00
SYMONDS Andrew 34.00
GILCHRIST Adam 17.00
WATSON Shane 41.00
STRAUSS Andrew 15.00
TRESCOTHICK Marcus 21.00
COOK Alistair 21.00
PIETERSEN Kevin 11.00
BELL Ian 21.00
COLLINGWOOD Paul 34.00
FLINTOFF Andrew 26.00
READ Chris 81.00
JONES Gerant 101.00
Players Not Quoted 21.00

Interestingly Clarke is the same price as Gilly.

Gilly is a good value bet for mine, if he finds form he could easily score alot of runs. All the English players are pretty good value too, Strauss would be the pick for mine to score the most for them.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surprised that Jaques is at better odds than Watson. Watson's almost a guaranteed starter, while Jaques won't have a chance till at least the third test (in terms of form), unless there's an injury.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cook @ $21 looks insanely generous to me. Clearly a boy who puts a lot of value on his wicket & with him coming in at 3 (or possibly opening if Tres's bum goes squeaky again) he could be the value bet.

I'm actually going Langer myself, he is the one Oz batsmen that we looked to struggle to get out last year.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I voted for Mr Cook but after due consideration, I really think Strauss is gonna Vaughan it up down under and score score score. With Tresco erratic, Strauss for me is our #1 batsman.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I will go for Langer. Solid player and once he sticks on the wicket, it should be very difficult to dislodge him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'll put money on Watson just for the sheer fact that he's paying $41. Far more ridiculous things have happened I reckon.

Strauss is true value though. But as for who I reckon will actually do it, I'm going Hayden. Gun batsman on Australian wickets, just unstoppable, and I reckon the pressure and hunger of having to get back the urn (let's be honest, if Ponting doesn't win it back he's gone for mine) may get to Ponting.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I think Ponting's ran out of form so i'm backing Bell to be first with Gilchrist a close second and Damien Martyn not far behind.

Dydl

International Debutant
I went for Ponting, I don't reckon Pietersen or Flintoff will be very successful with the bat this Ashes. Just my gut feeling, it could be wrong (and has been before...)

Pothas

age_master said:
The odds:

HAYDEN Matthew 6.00
LANGER Justin 7.00
PONTING Ricky 4.50
MARTYN Damien 11.00
CLARKE Michael 17.00
HUSSEY Michael 7.50
JAQUES Phil 21.00
SYMONDS Andrew 34.00
GILCHRIST Adam 17.00
WATSON Shane 41.00
STRAUSS Andrew 15.00
TRESCOTHICK Marcus 21.00
COOK Alistair 21.00
PIETERSEN Kevin 11.00
BELL Ian 21.00
COLLINGWOOD Paul 34.00
FLINTOFF Andrew 26.00
READ Chris 81.00
JONES Gerant 101.00
Players Not Quoted 21.00

I think they are pretty good odds for Ian Bell. He proved that he can be a class player in the summer. The ashes is going to be a massive series for him. He needs to prove himslef against the best against which he failed just a year ago. I think he will do that (assuming he actualy gets in the side), leading run scorer maybe not but its a decent bet.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Got to be Matty Hayden. He and Langer are the only who will have two chances at bat amongst the Aussies.:p I can see a repeat of last year's tests.

Laurrz

International Debutant
im surprised lots of talk of Bell, but no Clarke... i went with him.. the roughie! .. i think he will be the young star who will rise :) just watch :) he'll love the bouncy pitches

andyc

Laurrz said:
im surprised lots of talk of Bell, but no Clarke... i went with him.. the roughie! .. i think he will be the young star who will rise :) just watch :) he'll love the bouncy pitches
The fact that it's looking increasingly unlikely that he'll actually start in the XI is a bit of a problem though

Laurrz

International Debutant
Increasingly unlikely? i think he is most likely to be in the XI...... unless you play Watson which i think is pretty doubtful

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Laurrz said:
Increasingly unlikely? i think he is most likely to be in the XI...... unless you play Watson which i think is pretty doubtful
LOL Watson a near certainty to play in the 1st Test. I seriously doubt Clarke will play a game all series unless someone gets injuried.