• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
It's getting all too familiar now.

England's motto should be... You go, I'll come. Something us Indian fans use a lot of times, meh, sounds better in hindi.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It'll depend on who has the better match out of Ponting or Clark imo. A Ponting Century will take it for him, however it Clark takes 7/8 wickets for the match he's got every chance as well.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pietersen looking scratchy atm... need to get him soon before he starts to get things happenin

Craig

World Traveller
If Bell can stop himself from getting bogged down for period of time, and learn to always keep the scoreboard ticking he can be a fine batsman and as shown with that textbook hook shot for four.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
Worst Cricket Show ever?

Yes imo.
I make the point of going and having lunch or going to the shops in that time.

Can't knock it too much because I once sent in a question when the West Indies were here in 00/01 and Simon O'Donnell read it out and Michael Holding answered it (it was West Indies cricket related). And they day they did it, I didn't see it because I was working at that time and missed it, but founf out about because some people from school saw it and told me about it. I later found it on the old baggygreen website (when it was with CricInfo) and watched it. But it wasn't the same.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If Bell can stop himself from getting bogged down for period of time, and learn to always keep the scoreboard ticking he can be a fine batsman and as shown with that textbook hook shot for four.
I really don't think it matters if he gets bogged down as long as he doesn't let it get to him.

Craig

World Traveller
I really don't think it matters if he gets bogged down as long as he doesn't let it get to him.
Yeah but that's the thing it does, he doesn't have the sort of temperament (sp) as a Dravid or a Kallis who could bat for a long time and not let it woory him. And besides there is nothing wrong in looking for singles especially if the other batsman is going strong.

Craig

World Traveller
Geez Chappelli loves telling us all the time about the English batsmen nottaking the 3rd run because there is no way they will be run out from the distance where it is being thrown from.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good partnership, to state the obvious, and as long as both players keep their head, England could be in a great position by the end of day 1.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Symonds bowled very well. Warne isn`t getting much turn or bounce.

We need a wicket. :)