• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Hmm, the series is tied, so lets see what the Aussies do.

That 12 wicket haul by Monty sure was nice last test, let's see if Warne can stop getting belted and improve on his series average of 41 with the ball.

Oh, and maybe they should think about bringing back McGrath after unceremoniously axing him after the second test?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
silentstriker said:

That 12 wicket haul by Monty sure was nice last test, let's see if Warne can stop getting belted and improve on his series average of 41 with the ball.

Oh, and maybe they should think about bringing back McGrath after unceremoniously axing him after the second test?
Enough of the dribble SS, i can see it from here :dry:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
silentstriker said:

:laugh:

Warney's more likely to average 41 with the bat than with the ball. Barring treading on a stray ball (it even sounds painful), McGrath will be the one taking the axe to the opposition top order.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone heading to the Sydney test looking for a catch up? Any posters from Blighty looking for a beverage? Feel free to let me know and we'll try to catch up.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Getting ****ed in the Long Bar in the Members Pavilion. Finally I'll live my boyhood dream.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
To finish my mystic meg style predictions, Australia will turn in their best performance of recent years to blow away England and take the Ashes

Final Score - Australia 3-1 England

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Does anybody know what the track is going to be like? I hope it's a dry, crumbling one, that Warne and Panesar will get wickets on.

Dydl

International Debutant
age_master said:
Hopefully Australia will win in Sydney and not suffer from dead rubber syndrome ;)
Hopefully indeed. It's more the "dead rubber syndrome" than the dead rubber syndrome, if you see the difference...

I tried to get tickets for any day of the Sydney Test, but was unable to, so I'll just be watching at home, cheering on the Aussies.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
PhoenixFire said:
Does anybody know what the track is going to be like? I hope it's a dry, crumbling one, that Warne and Panesar will get wickets on.
SCG's not usually dry and crumbly. It'll probably be a very good batting track as usual that will offer turn for the spinners later in the match.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
What are the chances of me getting a seat for one of the last two days? I'm going to be in Sydney from Dec 29-Jan 8 and - aside from the Randwick races - would love to get to the cricket, even though I know it would be a long shot.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Voltman said:
What are the chances of me getting a seat for one of the last two days? I'm going to be in Sydney from Dec 29-Jan 8 and - aside from the Randwick races - would love to get to the cricket, even though I know it would be a long shot.
Days 1-4 are sold out, and tickets for Day 5 will go on sale as soon as they are sure that a Day 5 will actually exist.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/ for more info

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Should be interesting, if the series is dead by then, I wonder if they'll consider letting Vaughan get a game in.

ripper868

International Coach
Sydney test will be won by australia but i reckon due to it being the "spinners wicket" Panesar and warne and macgill (if he plays) will dominate all the wickets, with hoggard doing a little bit for england (monty cant do it all himself....can he?) panesar to finish with match figures of 11/150 and warne to finsih with 10/140 magill if he plays will get 8/100 odd