• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
AussieDominance said:
I have about 20 of them do you reckon they will give any out this match?

Can't wait am going all 5 days :)
I didn't know day 5 tickets have been sold. Or are you a member/going to buy tickets for it

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
SirBloody Idiot said:
:(

I also get the feeling it may be Gilly's as well.

I dont think it will be, even if it is though i think there is alot more potential with the replacement for Gilly and the batsmen then there is for Warne and McGrath.

Personally i can see Langer playing until hes 40.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
Personally i can see Langer playing until hes 40.
I would rather Hayden to play until that age, but if either can be around for so long that would be good though..

Salamuddin

International Debutant
aussie said:
Would do anything to fly down to Sydney now. But i could still see Warne at least twice over the next 2 years & McGrath if he goes to the WC. But it will be an even greater day than when Waugh retired..

Yo daaaawg, I thought you support England....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
What about England?

Bring in Joyce perhaps? Ad is there much point in Flintoff playing considering his injury and that he hasn't really been performing so would they miss him as much? It won't happen though but it is an interesting question.

Stuart MacGill will have consider himself pretty stiff not to play in the place (for arguements sake) Brett Lee. Horses for courses and he would be the one to drop out if they went that way. It won't happen though (save Fuller from lampooning me).

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Lee did fine in Melbourne and has really been pretty good since the second innings in Adelaide, and MacGill hasn't exactly made himself an automatic selection, so I doubt there'd be any consideration of changing the side. Symonds will be in the side and bowl spin as needed.

Craig

World Traveller
Given his 150-odd now does that Symonds is still an automatic now for Australia in Tests or will we have to wait to see if this was a one-off innings?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Given his 150-odd now does that Symonds is still an automatic now for Australia in Tests or will we have to wait to see if this was a one-off innings?
Australia only have one test between now and next summer, so we'll have to wait and see. I imagine the call will be Symonds against Watson, and it'll be made based on one day form and so on, particularly with the ball. If Watson's bowling as well as he has been in a year he'll surely be picked ahead of Symonds.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah, 11 months away, it's really not going to matter how well Symonds has done in these last two Tests, it'll come down to the One Dayers as Fuller said.

Same team obviously for Australia, England as well. Read kept well and didn't get out in the second innings plus Mahmood got 4, so he won't be dropped either.

howardj

International Coach
Geez I love the SCG. Went there for the Test match in 1999 (Aust v Eng). The atmosphere is unique - very intimate. It really feels like a cricket ground.

Legga

Banned
Yes the S.C.G. is nice for cricket.
The M.C.G. is much better as a football ground.(It's main job.)
I have not been to the GABBA since it has been re-developed for the footy.
IMO it now looks more like a stadiam than a cricket ground,which I don't really like.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah, the GABBA doesn;t really have any charm, it's too neat and perfect, the WACA or the SCG is what a cricket ground should be like.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I am really, honestly starting to feel for England here. No team and it's fans deserve to be thrashed like this!

Was rooting for Australia all along because with India poor ODI form recently, I couldn't bare anymore disappointments and wanted my team to win for a change... but now I want England to destroy the Aussies this match.

Craig

World Traveller
Or at least make it competitive. I don't care who wins unless it is a good contest with both teams having a chance.