• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Bowden did the right thing. Looked very much like an edge and you can't just give it not out because Gilchrist has a reputation at a walker. Was a pathetic shot though.
Definitely agree with that, commentators are being stupid suggesting otherwise. But you could easily see that wasn't out.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
:-O :@ Bowden made a mistake!! He should be hung!! Infact, hang them all and replace umpires with snicko!!!

8-)
It does show that technology should be used in such cases where it can show clearly out/not out for the zillionth time.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
In real time it looked like an edge and on replay I thought it was an edge. Hotspot showed that it wasn't but it also showed it must have only missed it by as couple of millimeters. He hit the ground at exactly the same time and Read took the catch diving in front of first slip.

Bit surprised that I'm the only one who saw it the same way as Billy.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
gilly took it gracefully though a great sportsman!
Well he was given out. He walked off the pitch like everyone else does when they're given out. What do people who don't match his level of sportsmanship do? Clothesline the umpire and floor the wicketkeeper?

pasag

RTDAS
Well he was given out. He walked off the pitch like everyone else does when they're given out. What do people who don't match his level of sportsmanship do? Clothesline the umpire and floor the wicketkeeper?
Hahaha

Good fielding from England here.