• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground

pasag

RTDAS
You sort of get the feeling that this English innings is rather inconsequential, with Hoggard out and nothing much on offer for Monty, Australia will eat 'em up tomorrow, imo.

pasag

RTDAS
Great catch, good stuff McGrath. Quite disappointed in KP. He was promoted to get a proper innings with proper batsmen and now he's just chucked it away again with a stupid shot. Abit perplexing tbh.

Craig

World Traveller
Great six by Freddie, a slower ball from Clark and Flintoff quite rightly sent the ball into the stands with interest included.

pasag

RTDAS
Day over, only 80 overs bowled. Pretty interesting stage of the match here. Australia get 1 wicket and they're into the tail, but if Flintoff and Collingwood can build on their scores, it's game on. Can't wait tbh.

Craig

World Traveller
Well it is stumps after bad light ended play.

I don't get Ricky Ponting's logic because it is overcast and the natural light is getting worse, so come the time for the second new ball he chucks the ball to Brett Lee, and at which point the umpires offer the batsmen the light and obviously they would take it in which point it was a fairly obvious thing that would happen.

Laurrz

International Debutant
showerssss tomorrow... i dont mind if it showers coz i cant watch the days play :( hav to go to friggin warnambool :angry: ... and also the pitch will juicen up and all which will be good for our bowlers lol
but then if too much play is gone it could be a draw <_<

cmon
Clean sweep :D

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Given how dire Collingwood is at batting with the tail you would have to say England's fate rests with Flintoff, if he goes early they won't make 300.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Well it is stumps after bad light ended play.

I don't get Ricky Ponting's logic because it is overcast and the natural light is getting worse, so come the time for the second new ball he chucks the ball to Brett Lee, and at which point the umpires offer the batsmen the light and obviously they would take it in which point it was a fairly obvious thing that would happen.
Maybe he thought Warne and Symonds were uneffective and decided to wait until he could use his pacers, whether that be next over or next day.

I swear Brett Lee changed his action 38 times today.