• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
haha..... i'll be looking foward to him sending out the bowling attack... actually, so will Ponting & Hussey i think :)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Its more than fair to say that Jamie has a great chance to feature in this series, his a Fletcher wet dream (Also he has a big fan in Marc71164345767757).

In addition the England team is noticeably light on the educated front. Mr. Dalrymple is of fantastic stock, was not only educated at one of the worlds finest institutions Oxford but also he is ridiculously astute and unashamedly charming, therefore it should only be a matter of time. Australians you have been warned.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Some showers predicted for next week in Melbourne (Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday). Been quite a while since we had any prolonged rain, so it's unlikely we'll lose the majority of a day or anything, but weather could play some part in the match. Obviously the further ahead the forecast the more possibility it'll be off though.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Some potential 4th Test milestones:

Warne: 700th Wkt (needs 1)
Pietersen: 2000th Run (needs 5)
Flintoff: 200th Wkt (needs 7 wkts & will also become only the 10th player* to have 3000 Runs & 200 Wkts)

* Other players to achieve it: Kallis, Sobers, Dev, Botham, Imran, Pollock, Cairns, Hadlee and *cough* Warne

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
aussie tragic said:
Some potential 4th Test milestones:

Warne: 700th Wkt (needs 1)
Pietersen: 2000th Run (needs 5)
Flintoff: 200th Wkt (needs 7 wkts & will also become only the 10th player* to have 3000 Runs & 200 Wkts)

* Other players to achieve it: Kallis, Sobers, Dev, Botham, Imran, Pollock, Cairns, Hadlee and *cough* Warne
Who has done 4000 runs and 300 wickets? I'm sure Freddie will get there.

Legga

Banned
Slow Love™ said:
Some showers predicted for next week in Melbourne (Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday). Been quite a while since we had any prolonged rain, so it's unlikely we'll lose the majority of a day or anything, but weather could play some part in the match. Obviously the further ahead the forecast the more possibility it'll be off though.
It is the only known way to break a drought in Victoria.:huh:

aussie tragic

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Who has done 4000 runs and 300 wickets? I'm sure Freddie will get there.
Only five have 3000 runs and 300 wkts: (Dev, Botham, Imran, Pollock & Hadlee)

Only two have 4000 runs and 300 wkts (Dev & Botham)

Only one has 4000 runs and 400 wkts (Dev)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
TT Boy said:
Its more than fair to say that Jamie has a great chance to feature in this series, his a Fletcher wet dream (Also he has a big fan in Marc71164345767757).
What, because I pointed out that his ODI record is actually pretty decent?

JBH001

International Regular
aussie tragic said:

Also, 5000 runs and 300 wkts (Botham).

(not to mention a 100 catches)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
aussie tragic said:

Shane Warne has 3000/300.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Warne will reach his 700th wicket soon (possibly in the 4th Test) , but more importantly he will surely in the next 2 Tests join Murali in the 1000 wickets in International Cricket Club. (needs 8 wickets more , Currently 699 + 293 = 992 wickets)

Macgrath needs quite a lot. And before the Ashes started he mentioned his desire to get 1000 wickets in International Cricket . He has a lot of work left to get there - unless he plays all the VB + all the World Cup games .
Currently 555 + 342 = 897 wickets - needs 103 wickets more.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Anyone see Bob Willis nearly tear Graveneys head off on the ashes review? He went red and looke dready toe xplode :|

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
i cant wait for shane warne's 700th test wicket

hopefully something calssy for all to remember

PS Shane Warne > Monty

Dydl

International Debutant
I'm off to the airport for travel to Melbourne ahead of the Test, so I won't be back until late on the 27th.