• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground

adharcric

International Coach
marc71178 said:
How can you say Tait has learned from his 2 games in the Ashes when he's not represented Australia since?
That's a reflection of Australia's depth in the pace department more than Tait's lack of progress IMO.

adharcric

International Coach
Surprised that there hasn't been any discussion regarding Australia's side for the 4th test.

The Ashes have already been won so this would be a good time to blood some of the youngsters IMO, especially considering the mass exodus that may come in the next year or two.

Jaques? Rogers? They aren't in the XI but perhaps they should've been considered.

Hopefully Johnson gets a test and Tait gets a look-in for the final test. MacGill should get a test and Symonds should be forgotten if he fails again. Feel for Watson tbh.

marc71178 said:
a 6fer when he dismissed such luminaries as Simmons, Richards, Phelps and Krezja?

How does that show that he's learned a lot from 2 Tests?
To be fair Phelps averaged 50 odd that year in Pura Cup so not a bad effort. Krezja was being talked about possibly going on the Indian Tour by Ponting i think it was when he bowled to him in the nets. Simmons is quite promising but still has a long way to go and Richards is quite average but you no would dominate most County Championship sides.

Btw dont diss Krezja one of my best mates sister is going out with him.

adharcric

International Coach
vic_orthdox said:
Only spot that might get changed for the 4th test is that of Symonds'.

You don't give out charity Test caps.
You also don't drive your team into a situation where everyone retires and all you have is a bunch of cricketers with no meaningful experience.

Giving a match to Phil Jaques or Mitchell Johnson wouldn't be charity, it would be wise.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
You also don't drive your team into a situation where everyone retires and all you have is a bunch of cricketers with no meaningful experience.

Giving a match to Phil Jaques or Mitchell Johnson wouldn't be charity, it would be wise.
But who do you drop? You can't just rest players from Ashes tests because you want to give someone a run. Jaques and Johnson will get their chance eventually. In fact, Jaques has already had a couple.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The MCG wicket has been consistently slow, low and difficult to bat on so far this year, in domestic games. It'll be interesting if we get a similar kind of wicket for this test. It probably won't be a great public spectacle in terms of the batting, but it'll make for a nice change to see the bowlers on top.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Will Flintoff stick with Saj? If it is as slow as its being made out to be, could we see the introduction of another spinner?

pasag

RTDAS
Tomm NCCC said:
Will Flintoff stick with Saj? If it is as slow as its being made out to be, could we see the introduction of another spinner?
Don't think so after Saj has come out in his blog pretty harshly against Flintoff.

He'll get screwed for writing that and although the honesty was refreshing, it's really not the best career move tbh.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
pasag said:
Don't think so after Saj has come out in his blog pretty harshly against Flintoff.

He'll get screwed for writing that and although the honesty was refreshing, it's really not the best career move tbh.
Wow, not the best career move, I'd have to agree.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Nah i don't think Saj was being harsh to Flintoff at all in that piece, just the media making it look bigger than it is. After all they are both from the North can't be in any bad blood..

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Considering that morale will be low, Mahmood might just get a further kick in the pants by not being selected. Even though he was probably only expressing his disappointment, I don't think team management will be bothered with cry babies right now.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Jones test Career is over. Read will take over for the forseable future then i expect someone like Steven Davies to take over the gloves in a few years.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
SpaceMonkey said:
Jones test Career is over. Read will take over for the forseable future then i expect someone like Steven Davies to take over the gloves in a few years.
We thought (and hoped) that at Headingley against Pakistan this summer, don't get your hopes up too much.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
PhoenixFire said:
We thought (and hoped) that at Headingley against Pakistan this summer, don't get your hopes up too much.
I dunno, even his best mate Fletcher surely cant excuse picking him after his 2 ducks. It wasnt just the fact he got 0 both innings, anyone can be out first up when they arent set, it was how he got out that will be the belated final nail in the Jones Coffin.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I look forward to the furore when Fletcher sends this side out in Melbourne

Strauss
Cook
Bell
Collingwood
Pietersen
Flintoff
Jones
Dalrymple
Hoggard