Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** 4th Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Except Collingwood has some ability...
    No he doesn't. He bats like Matthew Hoggard.

International Debutant
    Collingwood is clarks bitch

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    ^...is BLE?
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Got Hodgified a few years ago, he got out for 130 in the 27th over. Was fielding down at fine leg and talking to his Mum, I think it was just after the squad had been picked for Brisbane Test against the Windies. She was having a bit of a whinge about it all, but she had a point.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Except Collingwood has some ability...
    So you saying Dalrymple has no ability ATM?, yea i feel ya..

Quote Originally Posted by SirBloody Idiot
    Players such as Lehmann, Cox, Law, etc. all had to wait during their prime when they didn't get picked. The fact is Hodge is 32, and he needs to put his head down and score a mountain of runs, rather than moan about not getting picked. It is the same with MacGill.
    Yea, but even you have to admit that his axing last season was totally unfair byt the selectors. Even if the selectors wanted Martyn back, the fact that Hodge wasn't even retained after such a solid start to his career & Clarke was picked (who at the time wasn't batting so well in tests) was rough.

He should definately be the back-up batsman in the test side ATM no doubt.

On MacGill i'd say he has much reason to moan, his talent has been wasted most of his career. As they always say, unlucky to be playing in the Warne era

Quote Originally Posted by SirBloody Idiot
    Disregarding the fact he made 115* in about 70 today, over the last few seasons North has averaged;

2003-04: 984 runs at 54.66
    2004-05: 747 runs at 53.35
    2005-06: 712 runs at 50.85
    And so far this season, 498 runs at 83.00.

He couldn't do a whole lot more to get picked, especially with a spot that is in the balance.
    Damn, thats impressive yo, wasn't aware he has been so consistent in recent seasons. But Dave was right to point out that he didn't to hot in Lancashire colours last year. But if he keeps that up, an Australian call-up may not be too far away after all..
    Last edited by aussie; 17-12-2006 at 11:43 PM.

I have some unwanted tickets for the MCG test days 2 and 3 which I'm selling at retail price if anyone is interested message me

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    Yea, but even you have to admit that his axing last season was totally unfair byt the selectors. Even if the selectors wanted Martyn back, the fact that Hodge wasn't even retained after such a solid start to his career & Clarke was picked (who at the time wasn't batting so well in tests) was rough.

He should definately be the back-up batsman in the test side ATM no doubt.

On MacGill i'd say he has much reason to moan, his talent has been wasted most of his career. As they always say, unlucky to be playing in the Warne era
    If you take away the 203 not out Hodge scored against South Africa than he didn't do much. He also scored that double hundred on a pitch that was so flat that SA batted out the last day and a half to draw the match in the only test Australia hasn't won since losing the Ashes.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden
    ^...is BLE?
    Agreed. CW record for most usernames?
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Wouldn`t surprise me. We should make it an (un)Official award. The 'Khaled Mahmud' award for the poster that just kept coming back?

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden
    Wouldn`t surprise me. We should make it an (un)Official award. The 'Khaled Mahmud' award for the poster that just kept coming back?
    Don't know if we want to encourage that.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Again I am off to the Boxing Day test to see another dead rubber test but this time I do not care. We have reclaimed the ashes. It is a toss up between if i want to see the Australians bat and watch Ponting and Hussey dominate or see Warne take his 700th. I think ill chose the latter, being their for a history making achievement will be awesome

So ill be their boxing day, maybe day 2, be there day 3 and we will see how good a test it is from their on. Can't wait for a few solid drinking days ahead.
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh
    If you take away the 203 not out Hodge scored against South Africa than he didn't do much. He also scored that double hundred on a pitch that was so flat that SA batted out the last day and a half to draw the match in the only test Australia hasn't won since losing the Ashes.
    Thats a bit harsh, that perth pitch wasn't that flat, on the 1st day it had plenty of assistance for the seamers, it flatted out really when Australia batted second. Yea other than his debut 50+ he doesn't, but runs are runs can't totally fault him for that, plus its not as if he looked out of place at test level. With all his domestic experience i reckon he could be a useful addition to the test set-up for the next 2-3 years at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh
    So therefore, when you add in the 203* that he DID make, he did do much?

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information