• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Nope IMO. Would relieve the pressure on Flintoff at 6. Batting down to 8, four front-liners and some part-timers.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Still, that's England back to picking bowlers for their batting rather than their bowling ability isn't it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Matt79 said:
Still, that's England back to picking bowlers for their batting rather than their bowling ability isn't it.
Or more likely picking an extra batsman who can bowl a bit ahead of a crap batsman who can't even be trusted to bowl!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Rank average in other words
He's pretty much like Collingwood when he came into the side in 2001, very good in the field, capable with the bat, pretty handy with the ball & wants to play for his country.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
Really, can't remember reading that anywhere..
Here, it was in the MEN

"I did wonder last Friday night what the point was in keeping going because I didn't know the selection criteria and I didn't know if the injury had set me back.

"It certainly came into my mind. You question what you do and why you are doing it," said the unlucky Hodge, who has played five Tests.

Matt79

Global Moderator
silentstriker said:
Does it really matter, other than if Aussies want to push for 5-0?
Its the only international cricket I'll see in person this year, so yes, it matters heaps. Better be the best test in living memory or I'm going to sulk! :)