• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Australia get a wicket in the first 10-15 minutes in the final session i can't see this match going into a 4th day tbh. Carn Warne!!!!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Great spell by Clark and McGrath post-lunch, and Lee's been good so far post-tea as well. He's looked a different bowler on the two occasions in this series he's gotten the ball to reverse.

Son Of Coco

I think to make it a little fairer Warne should be required to tell Read exactly what he's going to bowl before he bowls it...then Read might get within 6 inches of the ball. It's possible the close in fielders could give him a few tips too (in fact, watching them on TV I think they might be).

Craig

World Traveller
Matteh said:
This is the same Boycott who said on TMS he'd eat his hat if Symonds hit a century. :p
Richard has said he will eat his computer, so I think that is more impressive.

Johnners

FaaipDeOiad said:
Great spell by Clark and McGrath post-lunch, and Lee's been good so far post-tea as well. He's looked a different bowler on the two occasions in this series he's gotten the ball to reverse.
He's looked a different bowler this test imo.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Clark just bowled the best over of the match for mine. And to his credit, Read isn`t out. :)

Johnners

Warne'll be lucky if the match referee doesn't have something to say to Warne's wallet. It looked a lot worse than when Lee got done in Adelaide.

Read batting just not to shabby here

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Well played Australia. Another test where you've simply outclassed us.

Up points from this test:

Read
Mahmood
Strauss

Downpoints:

The lack of playing well at the same time
Incompetence
Lack of batting backbone

Craig

World Traveller
That was pretty easy in the end. An innings & 99 runs. This has to be worse of defeat then the one in Adelaide. IMO to lose by an innings is just horrible.

luffy

International Captain
Not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread but now Warne has 999 international wickets.