• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll back him to get it. Bowled excellently and been consistent all series. If he continues like this he should take five and I can't see him spraying it around.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good on you Andrew Symonds...top knock yesterday. Nice to see Clark continuing in the same vein too, what a ball to Pietersen!

It's been interesting listening to some of the commentator's remarks during this morning's session, especially regarding England's field placements. I know Ian Chappell's not that highly regarded on here, but I think he was right on the money with comments such as:

(When Symond's was on strike and the man half way to the boundary at square leg finally came in closer): Heeyyyy, it only took them 155 runs to work it out.

Even Tony Greig was disgusted with the efforts and I have to say a personal thank you to England for their approach to the series, I was looking forward to a close match and expected a few nerve-wracking encounters, but thanks to the (unfathomable) way you went about playing the game my fingernails have remained in tact. 5/85 and you set 5 men out on the boundary? Setting one man in slips and putting him at second. Setting square leg deep while a guy doesn't play one hook shot in an innings that results in 155, all the while taking ones and twos to square leg at will...it's baffling.

I'd say Ricky Ponting will be thanking you too...he made a couple of bad decisions last year but the performance this year by England takes the cake. It's disappointing, as after last year the series promised a lot. (I'm not pretending to not enjoy it by the way! :happy: )

There's a lot more to worry about in 2006/7/ & 8 before you look towards 2009.

Matteh

This is the same Boycott who said on TMS he'd eat his hat if Symonds hit a century. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Matteh said:
This is the same Boycott who said on TMS he'd eat his hat if Symonds hit a century. :p
I was ever so close to ending up in a similar situation yesterday.

After I read Nath's post about changing his avatar back if Symonds scored a century, I actually typed the following post:

Prince EWS said:
Ha - if Symonds scores a century, I will eat a tin of cat food and post the footage on YouTube.
I tried to submit it twice and got a "Page Not Found" error both times - I took it as a sign that I shouldn't be posting it and hence didn't. Lucky really.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nnanden said:
Collingwood`s shot - not so good.
Good captaincy IMO. The pitch is just holding up a bit occassionally and that field placing with quite a thoughtful one. Well executed by Lee as well - although that could have just been luck considering the leg stump half-volley he had just bowled him...

Matteh

Prince EWS said:
I was ever so close to ending up in a similar situation yesterday.

After I read Nath's post about changing his avatar back if Symonds scored a century, I actually typed the following post:

I tried to submit it twice and got a "Page Not Found" error both times - I took it as a sign that I shouldn't be posting it and hence didn't. Lucky really.
Haha, got off light. :p