• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground

Gottaluvcricket

Cricket Spectator
5 for 84 = lead by 260. Gee, glad they're playing for pride, 'cause they're not playing for us spectators that like at least some resemblance of a contest, or those that paid to goto the ground. Playing for queen and country did no good. Maybe they should be playing for their dinner, or their ticket home. Ohh hang on, we wouldn't want that, we'd never get rid of 'em. :@
Yet another example of an English team that has plenty of natural talent, yet sadly lacking in mental toughness and willpower. :unsure: Every single time that England has been in with a show, they're wilted sadly. The only players that have shown some fight are the players that come from somewhere other then England.
It comes from the culture of the country. Ya see, years ago, everyone that had any fight in 'em, anyone that wouldn't pasivly lie down and accept the situation, (anyone who's blood wasn't 'blue' enough), anyone that would bite and scratch and do whatever it took to survive, got shipped out of the country. This left only the weak, mentally soft, stiff-upper lipped people that are now known as the English.:laugh:

Gottaluvcricket

Cricket Spectator
steds said:
I hate it when people say that. ****, I hate the monarchy.

Tounge in cheek mate, just hangin' sh1t while i can. Was your turn last time, is ours now, yours will come around again....if you can hang on for another 20 odd years :laugh:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The thing that annoyed me most about the whole Darrel Hair saga is that he was persecuted for making technically correct decisions and that countries "had lost confidence" in him

Well, everybody has to now put up with Rudi (whose been **** for years), Dar, Rauf (watch the SA-Inda series - Sachin says "jump", he says "how high") etc etc

There is no way anybody could have any confidence in these imbeciles

BTW, this is not aimed at Rudi because of the Cook decision - Hayden was gone at least once as was Symonds. I just cant stand to see this total incompetent any longer

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
How is penalising Pakistan 5 runs for something that he had no proof of technically correct? And surely if Hair refuses to continue despite the fact that Pakistan returned onto the pitch then he's not really looking for the best outcome (hence people losing confidence in him).

However, lets not turn this into Hairgate. I hate Rudi as well.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm...was pretty close. Fair enough decision if he hadn't given 10 worse ones not out.

Rudi must have it in for Bell.