• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
silentstriker said:
Yup. That was the whole point of the 15 degree rule change. Most bowlers were found to be chucking under the old rules.
Some, though, would fail a 50 degree rule....:ph34r:

Craig

World Traveller
Langeveldt said:
Jesus did Mahmood really take a wicket??
He took two :p

Yeah he was looking quite the cannon fodder until his double breakthrough. Oh well I guess he is anyway.

valvolux

Cricket Spectator
Craig said:
Was it me or did Hayden and Symond's celebration when Symond's got his ton looked a little bit x-rated? :mellow:

Get room you two, but that will only disappiont Justin Langer :p :naughty:
Haha - hell yeah - I counted 3 "boofs" from Hayden to Roy. Mind you that was with the super slow mo....in real speed you can see it's just him trying to get a better grip and keep the big unit in the air. But he does give him one last boof in the right buttock when he loses his grip....ahhh manly love.

Have you guys seen Murali's arm in super slow mo?? Heck have you seen it at full speed? The most disappointing sight in international cricket.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
If there was no swear filter on CW, I would let rip right about now

I cant understand, how the flip did we flip that one up? 4-0 down now, and hey, its a whitewash. I will say right here right now, 5-0 to the Aussies, because there is nothing I ahve seen recently whcih says to me we can beat this Australian team

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
valvolux said:
The most disappointing sight in international cricket.
I find it more disappointing that people think they know better than trained experts...

Legga

Banned
Great knocks today from Symonds and Hayden.
That is a mark of a great team.
The poms were pretty happy when they got Ponting and Hussey out early but our batters stepped up.

I did not think Symonds had it in him.
That Innings reminded me of his great WC century against Pakistan.
It will give him some more time to establish himself in the team if he can keep it up.

P.S. If he gets a double ton he is safe because he is not a Victorian.

howardj

International Coach
Josh said:
And most of this forum wrote off Andrew Symonds.

Shame on you, shame on you all.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
ROY! ROY! ROY!
If you give someone enough (undeserved) chances, eventually they'll come good. That comment may be, on his big day, a bit mean spirited, but he's just so unconvincing in creams. There's a reason why he averages in the low 40's in FC cricket - he's not, on balance, a very good batsman in the longer form of the game. However, like today, he's capable of the odd flash of brilliance.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
good to see Symonds finally coming good after all the chances he's had. Just like the brilliant 143 @ Jo' Burg in the last WC, maybe this is the innings that turns him into a solid test bat.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
howardj said:
Langer really needs a score before the Series is out. He's averaging about 35 in his last 10 Test matches. With Australia likely playing no more Test cricket until November (by which time JL will be 37, and Hayden 36) I think it's highly likely that he'll be tapped on the shoulder unless the runs flow in Sydney.
probably, but if he comes back to England and has a good season. He could still start next summer, but if either Jaques or Rogers do well over as well it could be a problem for him.

Bob Bamber

U19 12th Man
No doubting the great knocks by Hayden and Symonds. But they both got very luckly decisions. Hayden on the first evening was close LBW the first time and dead on the second time. And Panesar had Symonds trapped on 50. I'm not complaining but on another day Australia were out for 250 and its game on. England apart from that cannot really have any complaints.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Simply a poor test for England, the Bowlers have no Bottle to finish the job. The Ashes Criminals of Fletcher, Flintoff, Morgan, Neale, Graverey, Shine should all be sacked after this test. Morgan has to go he is killing English Cricket selling out to sky, Killing the Minor Counties are just two that Morgan has got wrong everyone on this forum can do a better job then this Plonker