• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
James90 said:
Warne is such a poor batsman...really. No chance of hitting a test century.
He's gotten within 15 runs three times IIRC. Obviously capable of it. Doesn't mean he'll do it, though.

pasag

RTDAS
Gun day today. Really fun atmosphere, good natured crowd, even the security were having fun - smiling and laughing whilst trying to chase the beach balls and inflatable *** toys.

The highlight of the day was before the games play when Monty was introduced on the PA to a massive roar and applause. Stick that in your pipe Graeme Smith.

Hayden and Symonds knock was priceless, some amazing shots especially under the pressure of 5 down. Easily the partnership that will win us the Test match. Disappointing stuff from England, they had their opportunity and they didn't take it. It's all over now.

Can't wait to see Warne bat tomorrow. Btw, just heard an interview with Hayden, says he's not going anywhere and wants to play on alot longer.

Josh

International Regular
And most of this forum wrote off Andrew Symonds.

Shame on you, shame on you all.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
ROY! ROY! ROY!

Craig

World Traveller
How do you do it England? Seriously how do you do it? You have a side 5-84 and you let them straight back in? Do you lot have ingrained loser approach? Don't give me any crap about Symonds or Hadyen playing well and being out played because that is just loser talk IMO. Excuses are unacceptable from now on.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
He's gotten within 15 runs three times IIRC. Obviously capable of it. Doesn't mean he'll do it, though.
I watched all three of those innings and he's got no chance of repeating it in the next two tests.

Craig

World Traveller
Was it me or did Hayden and Symond's celebration when Symond's got his ton looked a little bit x-rated? :mellow:

Get room you two, but that will only disappiont Justin Langer :p :naughty:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
James90 said:
I watched all three of those innings and he's got no chance of repeating it in the next two tests.
I don't see why not really. He's already batted really well on one occasion in this series. If Warne gets set he's really a pretty good batsman. That 90 at OT in particular was a really good innings, and I don't think he's declined as a batsman in the last 12 months or anything. If he's in his hit and hope mode he probably won't make a century, but Warne's taken his batting pretty seriously in recent times. I wouldn't be all that shocked if he made a big score in one of the remaining tests, if he gets an opportunity.

Craig

World Traveller
It's probably my eyes, but when on the slow-mo does Glenn McGrath's right elbow bend slightly just as he is about to bowl? It looks like it to me.

Please note that I'm not implying anything untoward (SS claim down) just that if anybody else has spotted the same thing I have?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Craig said:
It's probably my eyes, but when on the slow-mo does Glenn McGrath's right elbow bend slightly just as he is about to bowl? It looks like it to me.

Please note that I'm not implying anything untoward (SS claim down) just that if anybody else has spotted the same thing I have?
Yeah I have noticed that, but I have noticed similar things with basically every single bowler on the super-slow-mo. This is why we have the rule we have now, basically. Most of the bowlers were found to be slightly "chucking" in the conventional sense when tested at the CT.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Prince EWS said:
Yeah I have noticed that, but I have noticed similar things with basically every single bowler on the super-slow-mo. This is why we have the rule we have now, basically. Most of the bowlers were found to be slightly "chucking" in the conventional sense when tested at the CT.
Yup. That was the whole point of the 15 degree rule change. Most bowlers were found to be chucking under the old rules.