• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Not really any pace or bounce for Monty yet, might well struggle.

Encouraging for me was Symonds` back-foot cut-bash-whallop thing. Kept it down, after getting out playing it in Perth.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Great Birtannia said:
What was the original bet? You know he's a weird looking bloke is Dunc, I've been trying to think who he looks like, Dawn Fraser maybe :huh:
I needed a Lee five-for, Symonds ton and something from Harmison. Only got the Harmison bit right. :S

I`m changing the laws of life, but if Symonds makes 100, I`ll see that as 2/3 of my debt wiped off. :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think Taylor and Slats are spot on. Freddy's field to Monty is far too defensive for mine.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, Monty being absolutely milked in that last over. 8 off it I think.

Might even be the kind of pitch where Colly's little wobblers could be effective. There's still a bit of something for the seamers.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hoggard to go for 10 this over.

EDIT: So I was very wrong. But my point is that I think he`ll struggle in this next spell, as Symonds looks to up the pace.

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
Symonds starting to look a lot more solid than earlier, Hayden still struggling though - particularly against Hoggard.

Shot! by Symonds there.

cameeel

International Captain
Why isn't Panesar bowling?

Hoggard has been largely ineffectual for a while, and Warne showed that there is something in it for the spinners.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Symonds FIFTY!

Superb innings under huge pressure. Can`t ask any more of him, batted well when Australia were in trouble. YESSSSSSSSSSS

Slow Love™

International Captain
50 for Symonds. Really good work, and under considerable pressure, coming in when the English bowlers' tails were up and in difficult conditions for batting. Struggled a great deal early, too. I know a lot of people are sure he won't make it in test cricket, and it's hard to argue otherwise given his stats, but IMO he's got a lot of character and I like seeing him do well. Keep going, Symmo.

Hopefully a Hayden century coming up soon. A bit scratchy at times, but has worked hard, and his level of concentration has been excellent.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Panesar vs Symonds should be interesting. I don't really buy the story that Symonds was clueless against him in the first innings at Perth and went for the tonk out of uncertainty - I think he was seeing it pretty well and just got over-excited trying to hit the cover off it.

Will definitely be good to see a resumption of the battle though - if Monty ever gets thrown the ball.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Slow Love™ said:
Symonds living on the edge with some of those leaves. :)
He knows exactly what he`s doing. :unsure:

That wasn`t out IMO. How does Hawk-Eye know how much it would`ve spun??

EDIT: In all seriousness, if that was Warne or anyone to an English batsman, I`d not give that out.

Shot by Haydos. :D