• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground

pskov

International 12th Man
Would be very happy indeed if we could scrape to 250 from here. Sub-200 well on the cards though.

The Sky commentators have been debating over whether Flintoff made the right decision at the toss. Holding and Atherton said they would have chosen to bowl, Hussain, Botham and Gower would've batted. I personally would've chosen to bat at the time, but with hindsight I'm not so sure now. I can't see it getting any more favourable for bowling in the next few days than it has been so far today.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia are maybe even unlucky to have them 4/118.

And as I say that Gilchrist misses a sitter of a stumping. McGrath could have at least two the way he bowled this morning.

EDIT: It was ****ing Pietersen!

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Having watched Botham on Late Night Legends last night and having watched Flintoff this series there really is no comparison between them (with the bat anyway)

Craig

World Traveller
Chris Read is gone. Why not put KP up at 3 or 4, at least he will have a better chance to express himself while batting.

At first I thought England made the mistake of batting first, but seeing the spin, I bet Monty Panesar is enjoying it, even though ironically his team is struggling at 6/135.

And it is typical, I pop down to the shops to get something and it happens (Warne's 700th). Does anybody think that Australia would have had similar problems had they batted first?

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
And it is typical, I pop down to the shops to get something and it happens (Warne's 700th). Does anybody think that Australia would have had similar problems had they batted first?
Yeah I do actually. I think the first session would have been similar to the first session of the '05 Ashes at Lords. Gilchrist and Hussey would then have gotten Australia to somewhere near 300.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Does anybody think that Australia would have had similar problems had they batted first?
Mahmood, Harmison..... Clark, Warne...
Ponting, Hussey...... Bell, Collingwood....

Somehow I don't think so, no.

adharcric

International Coach
KP should be up at 4 again. He seemed to have lost form earlier so the move down the order was smart, but he's their best batsman and should be moved back up to 4 asap.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
James90 said:
Yeah I do actually. I think the first session would have been similar to the first session of the '05 Ashes at Lords. Gilchrist and Hussey would then have gotten Australia to somewhere near 300.
Yeah it does happen though. Don't know about Gilchrsit, but Hussey is the man I bank on and playing a solid 60, or 70 or even more.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
James90 said:
Harmison's a spinner?
I wasn't comparing roles with the bowlers - just listing out random ones to make my point seem better. Mahmood actually matches with Symonds anyway.

Craig

World Traveller
adharcric said:
All of us admire McGrath. SS is merely his bitch. :)
As long as he doesn't start appearing next to McGrath in press conferences or around his home wearing make-up and/or wearing drag and doing what he tells him to do :ph34r: :mellow:

Sweet four for Harmison.

Craig

World Traveller
Prince EWS said:
I wasn't comparing roles with the bowlers - just listing out random ones to make my point seem better. Mahmood actually matches with Symonds anyway.
Batting or bowling? :p

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I love listening to Brian Lara, has some great things to say, unlike Chappelli telling us every minute that KP shouldn't be at five.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Prince EWS said:
McGrath > Flintoff
Clark = Hoggard
Lee = Harmison
Warne > Panesar
Symonds = Mahmood

Not a huge difference tbh.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
SirBloody Idiot said:
I love listening to Brian Lara, has some great things to say, unlike Chappelli telling us every minute that KP shouldn't be at five.
I remember him saying every minute that Atapattu should be at 3 and not Sangakkara.

Almost as bad as Lawry saying England should declare at 9/146.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
Lawry is now saying England should declare.

Mind you KP is now gone, so either Monty and Hoggard will go the tonk or get out., May as well go the tonk.