• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

pasag

RTDAS
Yes! Australia regain the Ashes and show everyone why we are the best side in the world. We’ve blown England out of the water outclassing them at nearly every opportunity.

Take that England. Take that all of those posters who have rubbed 2005 in over the past year and a bit. Take that Ian Botham. 3-0. YAY! I’m getting trashed tonight.

The Ashes are back where they belong!!!

I do feel for some of the English fans here, having to put up with dire selections, rubbish decisions and poor overall team management. Also, feel for those blokes coming from England paying thousands of dollars to see this.

Just in case anyone missed it, it’s 3-0.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This proves that Aussies are first and England, being second, are not even in the same class. The rest of us are playing a different sport.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mike Hussey in for Simon Katich.
Stuart Clark in for Jason Gillespie.

Ashley Giles in front of Monty Panesar.

Ashes won.

oz_fan

International Regular
Great win for Australia and like Pasag said the Ashes are back where they belong. Australia have been faultless throughout the series. At least England showed some fight in this match, they did well to last a day and a half.

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
i had a feeling they would regain it, but so clinical! from one of the best series ever between the two (2005 ashes) to this capitulation. mind you, i;m neutral so I was hoping for a close series. I guess the the turning point was 5th day morning of the 2nd test. I wonder if it would have gone any differently if Panesar had played from the beginning.

Alysum

U19 Debutant
Mind you, even if we lost the 2005 Ashes, it was much more entertaining and unforgettable.
Bit disappointed 3-0 already.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well at least Geraint Jones career is over.

Looking foward to the 2009 Ashes now, suddenly Ashes contest have such great hype. England will have a well balanced side come then, Australia will have a fresh but but exciting new look out outfit.

Slow Love™

International Captain
pasag said:
Yes! Australia regain the Ashes and show everyone why we are the best side in the world. We’ve blown England out of the water outclassing them at nearly every opportunity.

Take that England. Take that all of those posters who have rubbed 2005 in over the past year and a bit. Take that Ian Botham. 3-0. YAY! I’m getting trashed tonight.

The Ashes are back where they belong!!!

I do feel for some of the English fans here, having to put up with dire selections, rubbish decisions and poor overall team management. Also, feel for those blokes coming from England paying thousands of dollars to see this.

Just in case anyone missed it, it’s 3-0.
3-0 is what I picked as the final tally for the series, so I think I'm gonna be wrong unless England can manufacture a couple of draws from Melbourne and Sydney. Highly unlikely, methinks. And you never know, England might snatch one if our intensity significantly drops - I think this Aussie team really wants to rub the Poms' nose in it after the previous loss though, and I haven't really expected the Poms to win one this time round.

And yes, you have to sympathise with the selection screwups, though I don't really think it would have changed the results (I guess there's a possibility they may have gotten a draw in Adelaide, though the manner in which they turned that into a loss didn't have an awful lot to do with that issue) up to this point. Obviously there's no doubt based on just this test that Panesar should have been in the team from the start, and the fact that Geraint has been on the selection committee is something of a farce.

The fact is though, that this outfit, even with the better players in the squad taking their places in the lineup are substantially weaker (certainly in form) than last time - and while we may have hoped for a tight contest, I think a lot of us suspected well before it started that we wouldn't get one. To be fair though, if this were played in England, I'm sure things would have been different.

Pretty pleased with Ponting's declaration this match - he knew he might need a fair amount of time to bowl the opposition out, and he didn't overkill it. He still has a tendency towards over-defensiveness in the field at times, but so does Flintoff, really.

Last edited: