• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations to young Alistair Cook, my predictions of another double century against Australia could come true.

Craig

World Traveller
KP gets a 4.

That's impressive by Cook, he has been out there since Day 2 when Australia started their second innings.

If he bats out the day that will mean well over 200 overs in the field.

Fiery

Banned
This is still on England, if you can pull this one off, I will forever call myself a "colonial" living in NZ

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
You better back up on your word mate. Aussie bet his own life that South Africa wouldn't chase down over 430 in the ODI in Jo'burg earlier this year and similar avatar bets made by other posters that if somehow England won the Ashes last year.

Nearly a wicket there.

Perm

Craig said:
You better back up on your word mate. Aussie bet his own life that South Africa wouldn't chase down over 430 in the ODI in Jo'burg earlier this year and similar avatar bets made by other posters that if somehow England won the Ashes last year.

Nearly a wicket there.
I'm sure we would rather have someone that isn't true to their word than someone who is dead.

Fiery

Banned
Craig said:

Nearly a wicket there.
Good to hear Chappelli and Tony Greig back up McCullum's Murali runout

Craig

World Traveller
Gone!

Big big big big big blow for England with Cook going for 116. McGrath gets the crucial breakthrough. It was a shot of tiredness but take heart from that Cook.

Hoggard in. Don't know if it is a good idea...

Craig

World Traveller
Hoggard bowled for a duck, stump out of the ground.

Poor move Flintoff (wait for Marc to defend him).

Perm

Great innings by Cook comes to an end through a half hearted shot. Well Alistair has shown that he can mix it with the best, even if he hasn't been entirely convincing it was very well played.

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
I could have bet money that England could stuff it up right at the end of the session after doing so well all day. It just had to happen. They always get close then ruin it. Game over.

Perm

Flintoff has been poor during the series really and it shows how much of a burden the captaincy can be on some people. He's certainly below his best, great bowling by McGrath though.

PY

International Coach
PY said:
These last two sessions are why this series has been so frustrating for me as an Englishman.

We compete for 2 sessions a day say, then the session that we lose isn't just being edged out. It's getting utterly thumped and the game lost in the process. It happened yesterday (granted, we were looking down the barrel anyway but it meant we had to bat for another session), it happened at Adelaide and I have a feeling it'll continue to happen.
:no: :nono:

Note, this is slightly tongue in cheek as the game was 90% gone anyway. :p

Perm

Warne still in with a chance to wrap up the tail tomorrow and get to 700 test wickets.