• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

pasag

RTDAS
Very well played by England here, they've had some good luck but no more than Australia had yesterday. It's a pity England save their best performances for after the match is dead and buried.

One thing is for sure, the Ashes won't be changing hands today. Great maturity from the two at the crease here.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aslong as they make the runs I'm sure they won't care too much how lucky they are. Those two guys are showing a lot of fight though.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
grecian said:
I apologise profusely, I've been up drinking, waiting for England to lose the Ashes.

Again I say sorry, England are clearly rubbish:)
no they are not....that's not what i was implying...the australians thrash pretty much everyone, you shouldn't read too much into it....and don't give up just yet.....:)

Leigh

Cricket Spectator
The England bowling attack is rubbish but there batting is good. With most of them being young they will get better too.

Perm

Well done to Warney, kept on trying and eventually got the breakthrough. I wonder if Bell will go on to have a Trescothick style career and never score a century against Australia?

grecian

Anil said:
no they are not....that's not what i was implying...the australians thrash pretty much everyone, you shouldn't read too much into it....and don't give up just yet.....:)
Thanks, for excusing my idiocy :D

Oh I give up on this years Ashes, but I still think there's some good stuff to come from this England side, after the humiliation of the World Cup, obviously:unsure:

Really think Freddies not fit and we should rest him after we lose this, that ankles troublesome:@

Last edited:

Leigh

Cricket Spectator
mohammad16 said:
england can win this if they refrain from playing typical stupid shots
England can win if they manage to get through today with the loss of only one more wicket. If Flintoff has to bat for any length of time today he will go cheaply again but he is capable of getting a quick 60 or 70 tomorrow. They also need Cook to get 200 and Pietersen a century.

Fiery

Banned
Leigh said:
England can win if they manage to get through today with the loss of only one more wicket. If Flintoff has to bat for any length of time today he will go cheaply again but he is capable of getting a quick 60 or 70 tomorrow. They also need Cook to get 200 and Pietersen a century.
Yes, you are right. Pietersen and Flintoff have to come to the fore. Freddy, especially, is due to

PY

International Coach
These last two sessions are why this series has been so frustrating for me as an Englishman.

We compete for 2 sessions a day say, then the session that we lose isn't just being edged out. It's getting utterly thumped and the game lost in the process. It happened yesterday (granted, we were looking down the barrel anyway but it meant we had to bat for another session), it happened at Adelaide and I have a feeling it'll continue to happen.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
grecian said:
Its pitiful, England Thrashed India at home, and drew away. Look anyone saying we're not number two, make a good case for the other nation that should be, on results please.

Not just a vague, "oh its ridiculous", because we're being thrashed now.
Thrashed India at home? Wow, never knew 1-1 was a thrashing but fair enough.

Anyway good two sessions of cricket from England, really good. Let's hope they can keep going and make tomorrow very interesting.