• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fiery said:
Dunno, maybe Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or South Africa, surely not England
Really doing this off the top of my head, but Pakistan: we won one, lost one recently, India: draw, win, Sri Lanka done well against us has to be said, South Africa: beat them both series. New Zealand: no idea I forget about them the moment we play them, check the results for me will you, beat Australia at our home though, not sure how many of those teams have done that.

Perm

Agreed, then probably Pakistan (with Shoaib and Asif), South Africa and England all pretty close together.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Fiery said:
Dunno, maybe Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or South Africa, surely not England
Ha ha you're not serious, can understand why people could say it might not be England any more, but i don't think any other team has made a serious enough case for being no 2.

Leigh

Cricket Spectator
grecian said:
Really doing this off the top of my head, but Pakistan: we won one, lost one recently, India: draw, win, Sri Lanka done well against us has to be said, South Africa: beat them both series. New Zealand: no idea I forget about them the moment we play them, check the results for me will you, beat Australia at our home though, not sure how many of those teams have done that.
Beating Australia last year is probably the difference between being 2nd or being 5th for England. The ratings are weighted in terms of the opponents rating and nobody else beat Australia during the rating period as far as I know.

Leigh

Cricket Spectator
superkingdave said:
Ha ha you're not serious, can understand why people could say it might not be England any more, but i don't think any other team has made a serious enough case for being no 2.
Good point none of those teams deserve to be 2nd. They all should be equal 6th I think.

grecian

superkingdave said:
so who's you're no.2?

some serious over reactions here.
Its pitiful, England Thrashed India at home, and drew away. Look anyone saying we're not number two, make a good case for the other nation that should be, on results please.

Not just a vague, "oh its ridiculous", because we're being thrashed now.

Craig

World Traveller
New Zealand actually has to play Test cricket first.

Well done to Cook, well made 50. Now get a 100.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
grecian said:
Its pitiful, England Thrashed India at home, and drew away. Look anyone saying we're not number two, make a good case for the other nation that should be, on results please.

haha we didn't thrash India at home we drew.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
India and Pakistan are the next teams that can make a claim for second place. If India were to get positive results in SA and England they have a very good claim. Pakistan similarly if they beat SA away.

Perm

Well played Alistair Cook, what an acheivement it would be if he could reproduce that double century he scored against Australia last year.

Leigh

Cricket Spectator
superkingdave said:
India and Pakistan are the next teams that can make a claim for second place. If India were to get positive results in SA and England they have a very good claim. Pakistan similarly if they beat SA away.
India would be 2nd best in terms of talent but not results. They have been playing worse than England lately. Pakistan have done well lately so they could claim to be 2nd best.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
grecian said:

when did this happen? the last series was in 2002, wasn't it? it was a 1-1 draw, so was the latest series in india, the previous series was in 2001/02 in india which india won 1-0, so where exactly did this thrashing take place?

Dravid

International Captain
Anil said:
when did this happen? the last series was in 2002, wasn't it? it was a 1-1 draw, so was the latest series in india, the previous series was in 2001/02 in india which india won 1-0, so where exactly did this thrashing take place?
I'm guessing he's refering to that 200 run defeat. I don't see how that is a series thrashing.

grecian

Anil said:

I apologise profusely, I've been up drinking, waiting for England to lose the Ashes.

Again I say sorry, England are clearly rubbish:)

Leigh

Cricket Spectator
Craig said:
Why is Clark underbowled?
Because Ponting is an utterly useless captain. I think he decides his bowling plan prior to the start of play and doesn't change it no matter what happens.