• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie tragic said:
With Aus 386 runs ahead, how long do you think Ponting will keep it going.

I think he'll bat until either all out or 600 ahead by Lunch tomorrow :)
After S.A. holding out for 160+ overs last year, I doubt Ponting will bat another 2 sessions. He'll want 500+ and not too many under 180 overs. Which will mean we'll probably see a declaration some time tonight or tomorrow morning.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think Symo will be dropped now, but geez Watson body is as brittle as a virgin, apply some pressure & its all over the place. Really messing up his push to become a test match fixture..

Would like to see Hodge called up though unlikey, but hopefully the selectors don't discard the bloke, since he defiantely should be around the test set-up ATM.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
After S.A. holding out for 160+ overs last year, I doubt Ponting will bat another 2 sessions. He'll want 500+ and not too many under 180 overs. Which will mean we'll probably see a declaration some time tonight or tomorrow morning.
I think ponting might hang on for 600 based on the Gabba decision, which would give England 150 overs to score them (Aus is scoring at 4 an over, so why can't England with Strauss, Bell, KP and Freddie in the team....oh yeah, the tail starts at # 6 doesn't it :))

btw, I think a 500 lead with about 6 overs at England tonight would be good enough, but Punter is on a bigger mission :)

aussie tragic

International Captain
Pup gets his 100, great stuff...

Australia's top order now looking pretty solid with Hayden, Langer, Ponting, Hussey and Clarke...pity about the # 6 being our weak link at the moment...

aussie tragic

International Captain
Gilly hits 24 off a Monty Over....awsome especially since the 1st one was dot ball :)

. 2 6 6 4 6

btw, Cricinfo stated that this was Gilly's fastest ever test 50 (off 40 balls) ...not bad for someone who is supposed to be past it :)

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Having said that, I don't give a monkeys about the runs except for the fact that it brings the likelihood that England might have to bat tonight.

Can't see Ponting being that attacking though.

Clarke getting involved in the slogfest now. :laugh:

cameeel

International Captain
Gilchrist needs 19 of 8 balls to break the record for the fastest ever Test 100, or 9 balls to equal it :-O