• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Mahmood has some serious consistent pace. Why the hell were the poms playing that trundler for the first two tests? And now Monty is cleaning up. Terrible selections have cost england dear it seems this series.

adharcric

International Coach
Saj and Monty both showing that Fletcher is the most ******** coach in world cricket.

One is regularly clocking 90 mph with accuracy, the other has just knocked over the Aussie 6 and 7. Ashley who?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Couldn`t have been more dissapointed with Symonds` dismissal. Crap ball, should`ve been put away, but edged it, top take by Jones. So annoyed though, I was absolutely loving watching him bat. He`ll come good with a ton second dig though.

So much to worry about for the Aussies.

Man I was enjoying watching Andy bat. His cover drive was gun. Gaaaaah.

greg

International Debutant
superkingdave said:
Warne vs Panesar, should be interesting.

Slightly worried about what Warne will do on this pitch though tbf
Panesar should win that battle - he hit Murali for six don't you know? ;)

JBH001

International Regular
superkingdave said:
Warne vs Panesar, should be interesting.

Slightly worried about what Warne will do on this pitch though tbf
Its a crumbler is it?

Its great that Monty and Mahmood are going alright - but we dont want to get too ahead of ourselves as there is a whole test left to go, and another two to follow.

I hope England can stick at it and get Australia out for under 250 - but if the pitch really looks like turn their batman really need to show up, stick it out, and post a 250 - 300 lead over Australia. If England can come back it would be great - after all, all they need is two test wins and the other drawn to hold the Ashes to complete the beautiful task of stuffing the Aussies at home...

(early days yet though)

On another note, can no one get Hussey out? Jeez....

greg

International Debutant
pasag said:
One wonders what might have been had Monty and Mahmood played in the first two tests.
Forget Adelaide, it's almost getting to the stage where a good case will be being made that Monty would have made a difference at the Gabba ;)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
greg said:
Forget Adelaide, it's almost getting to the stage where a good case will be being made that Monty would have made a difference at the Gabba ;)
he's not actually bowled that great tbf, had a fair bit of luck

greg

International Debutant
Nnanden said:
Couldn`t have been more dissapointed with Symonds` dismissal. Crap ball, should`ve been put away, but edged it, top take by Jones. So annoyed though, I was absolutely loving watching him bat. He`ll come good with a ton second dig though.

So much to worry about for the Aussies.

Man I was enjoying watching Andy bat. His cover drive was gun. Gaaaaah.
Come off it - he was all at sea against Panesar batting 'properly' and his 'counterattack' was almost desperation. Once you get in that mode, the fact that he got himself out to a bad ball is par for the course.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
Saj and Monty both showing that Fletcher is the most ******** coach in world cricket.

One is regularly clocking 90 mph with accuracy, the other has just knocked over the Aussie 6 and 7. Ashley who?
na mayn Fletch aint retared, Mahmood not playing intially wasn't a bad idea at all since Anderson in most people's opinion would have been a safer bet & i'd say Anderson was a bit unfortunate to miss this test given the way he bowled in the recent tour game & Harmison was looking awful, now Harmo has silenced his critics for damn sure.

But definately Gilo over Panesar was a poor decision.

greg

International Debutant
Fiery said:
That's inappropriate. Read the forum rules please, eh broncoman and James?
Addressing that at the wrong post, I think

EDIT apologies, didn't read it

Fiery

Banned
greg said:
Addressing that at the wrong post, I think

EDIT apologies, didn't read it
I was being facetious. Apparently "******" is a bad word and not allowed on this forum. Political correctness gone stark raving mad