• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

pasag

RTDAS
Hodge not getting a game with Martyn finally gone is tragic tbh. Not that it's anyone’s fault, just really, really unlucky with a tiny injury.

Looks like I won't have to eat my keyboard as mentioned in the other thread if Symonds doesn't play. Although Symonds playing in a Pura Cup match a few weeks ago, he got out to the stupidest shot, pretty much his signature brain explosion, just hope he doesn't repeat that crap tomorrow. If Perth is a spinners paradise like everyone is going on about, he should be bowling quite abit as well, although Ponting is usually recultant to hand him the ball for some reason.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
pasag said:
If Perth is a spinners paradise like everyone is going on about, he should be bowling quite abit as well, although Ponting is usually recultant to hand him the ball for some reason.
Cause he's crap? :ph34r:

Nah his bowling isn't actually THAT bad, it's just his batting is fairly useless.

pasag

RTDAS
andyc said:
Cause he's crap? :ph34r:

Nah his bowling isn't actually THAT bad, it's just his batting is fairly useless.
Was at the Boxing Day test for his 72, was a sight to behold tbh. If only he would always bat like that.

Edit: 20 hours left

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
well in the recent County Championship his batting performace for Hampshire was second only to Crawley averaging in the 60's & overall was in the top 5 this year i think for county batsmen that played 15 games. Plus his keeping must be good since he's been keeping to Warne for a while now.
Right so he scored some runs in County Cricket.

Sure fire success then.

PY

International Coach
To be fair, there isn't much else to measure him on Marc.

It gets a bit sad when you pick on someone so consistently on everything they say. Give him a break....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, I'm just wondering what's so good about Pothas that would make him a surefire success - as a keeper-batsman I'd hope he'd have to be a good glovesman, but it appears that Aussie is only assuming he is, which is hardly the way to start saying someone will be a success.

PY

International Coach
Yeah, but that doesn't stop my second point, you almost always criticise everything he says, you make snide comments about him and generally don't treat him how you yourself want to be treated which I don't think is fair.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
aussie said:
Plus his keeping must be good since he's been keeping to Warne for a while now.
Haven't seen him keep wicket to judge, but there's a difference between 'keeping to Warne and 'keeping to Warne well. Pothas adds so much with the bat that I don't think it matters much to Hampshire whether he's a mediocre wicketkeeper or an excellent one.

Dravid

International Captain
Warne only 6 wickets away from 700 and he should get it this match. Haven't been following this thread or the Ashes since the end of the second test. Any news on McGill and if he will play or not?

-Dravid
:kid:

pasag

RTDAS
Dravid said:
Warne only 6 wickets away from 700 and he should get it this match. Haven't been following this thread or the Ashes since the end of the second test. Any news on McGill and if he will play or not?

-Dravid
:kid:
Stuart MacGill isn't playing, no. The announced side is:

Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Clark
McGrath

Symonds slots into 6th and Hussey and Clarke get promoted.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely the last chance saloon for Symonds - I've always been a fan of his style and I'd love to see him do well, but his previous exploits in Test cricket (barring one or two explosive cameos) have left a lot to be desired and really don't fill me with confidence. I'm surprised he's been given another shot, and I really hope he takes it.

You gotta feel for SCG McGill though, I wonder if he'll even get a single Test this summer? Surely they'll pick him in Sydney...won't they?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Haven't seen him keep wicket to judge, but there's a difference between 'keeping to Warne and 'keeping to Warne well. Pothas adds so much with the bat that I don't think it matters much to Hampshire whether he's a mediocre wicketkeeper or an excellent one.
The advantages of having skysports, i have seen him alot in domestic OD competitions for Hampshire keeping to Warne & i have been to OT for Hampshire last two County Championship visits & his keeping to Warne has been pretty good.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
No, I'm just wondering what's so good about Pothas that would make him a surefire success - as a keeper-batsman I'd hope he'd have to be a good glovesman, but it appears that Aussie is only assuming he is, which is hardly the way to start saying someone will be a success.
I repeat i have seen him, gotta get skysports mayn..

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
The advantages of having skysports, i have seen him alot in domestic OD competitions for Hampshire keeping to Warne & i have been to OT for Hampshire last two County Championship visits & his keeping to Warne has been pretty good.
Well that's interesting, Warne has never played a county championship game at Old Trafford

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
my mistake, meant C&G games actually in reference to Warne, especially the one last year when both him & Murali played.