• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
Mahmood has a chance if he's at his best.
Will he really? Anderson at his best might be better than Mahmood at his best and I am not sure if Mahmood is consistent enough to warrant a place.

But I have no idea who else to bring in.

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
shortpitched713 said:
I'd Mahmood for Anderson if I was Fletcher because at least with Mahmood you've got a decent bat at 8. :dry:
And what has mahmood done with the bat to prove this? 63 runs in 5 tests at 15, with one score of 34 putting that up. Av 9 in 15 odis. Anderson averages 15 in tests aswell! (Yeh i get you're being sarcastic). I hate fletcher so much at the moment.

Laurrz

International Debutant
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,20917317-23212,00.html

:) "McGrath dissappointed at 2-0"

"Now that Marto - who I think is one of the best natural batsmen that I have ever seen - has decided to call it quits, it opens up a position at number four,'' he said.

"The way I have been hitting them in the nets, you never know. I haven't convinced (captain) Ricky (Ponting) or (selector) Merv (Hughes) yet, but let's see what happens.''

lol

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Gonna be a very busy cricket weekend all three tests live on tv over here.

From when NZ/SL starts on Thursday night at 9.30pm to half 4 in the morning then the second day of the Ashes 2.30am-9.30am then SA against india 8.30am-15.30pm then back to NZ at 9.30pm.

Its going to be an interesting weekend since i have my works do from midday on Friday then my football club christmas night on Saturday.

Trying to decide whether to stay up Thursday night for the first session then sleep till i have to go out, or go to sleep early and wake up early - suppose it depends what happens on the first day.
Great stuff, will doubtlessly watch the first session in the New Zealand game, go to bed and wake up for the final session in Perth then on to Jo'Burg.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
adharcric said:
Mahmood has a chance if he's at his best.
Anderson at his best > Mahmood at his best. Besides, Mahmood isn't at his best right now and Anderson short of his best > Mahmood at most times.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
NZ Tests are showing on BSKYB Dave?, you are about that?
I think I know what you mean and yes the test series and tour, is being shown on Sky. First test was televised last week on Sky Sports Extra.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
albo97056 said:
And what has mahmood done with the bat to prove this? 63 runs in 5 tests at 15, with one score of 34 putting that up. Av 9 in 15 odis. Anderson averages 15 in tests aswell! (Yeh i get you're being sarcastic). I hate fletcher so much at the moment.
Sarcasm aside, Mahmood is a clearly better batsman than Anderson. He's not very good though.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
TT Boy said:
I think I know what you mean and yes the test series and tour, is being shown on Sky. First test was televised last week on Sky Sports Extra.
SpaceMonkey said:
Yep, the 1st test was on Sky last week and the 2nd test is on this week from what my TV guide tells me.
Yea saw it on the guide earlier today, was questioning it because when Australia were in NZ in 2005 the ODI series was shown on Sky Sports Extra but not the test series, similarly when the windies were in NZ earlier this year. So it could be a recent change with them i think..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Out of interest, why are you so sure that Pothas is going to so good?
well in the recent County Championship his batting performace for Hampshire was second only to Crawley averaging in the 60's & overall was in the top 5 this year i think for county batsmen that played 15 games. Plus his keeping must be good since he's been keeping to Warne for a while now.

So for me if Jones/Read dont get their act together for the remainder of this trip into the world cup (which i expect them not to), Pothas should be the man, until hopefully Steve Davies lives up to his potential because England need a solid keeper bat.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Symonds will play.

Cricinfo said:
Andrew Symonds has been named in Australia's starting 11 for the third Test beginning at Perth on Thursday. Adam Voges, who was in the original 13-man squad, has been left out and Mitchell Johnson will be 12th man.

Voges 'shock selection' a tactic to weird out the poms?