• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

Craig

World Traveller
Haven't seen the day's play until now because of work, but was England's batting shocker down to Australia bowling to well, England playing rather pathetically, and or a combination of both?

To have lost this Test after batting so well first up and to be bowled out is near criminal for mine and so is the non selection of Monty Panesar. Giles is handy with the bat and can tie a guy down, but apart from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh Giles won't really run through a side. I guess a stock bowler is the term I need.

I would drop him for Monty, at least he is capable of getting wickets needed to win a game. Who knows? Australia may not have made 513 1st up.

And as I type a wide bowled by Harmison.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
AussieDominance said:
He is alright at training atm ha ha!

Hes Coaching North Sydney I assume you were an ex Sydney North Player or something similar.
Too right. He`s a good guy your Dad, helped me out with a few things. :)

Wide by Harmison. :D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
Haven't seen the day's play until now because of work, but was England's batting shocker down to Australia bowling to well, England playing rather pathetically, and or a combination of both?

To have lost this Test after batting so well first up and to be bowled out is near criminal for mine and so is the non selection of Monty Panesar. Giles is handy with the bat and can tie a guy down, but apart from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh Giles won't really run through a side. I guess a stock bowler is the term I need.

I would drop him for Monty, at least he is capable of getting wickets needed to win a game. Who knows? Australia may not have made 513 1st up.

And as I type a wide bowled by Harmison.
Australia's bowling was Great, but in all reality England dug themselves into a hole but being so reluctant to get runs... They were so happy in just surviving that they got so bogged down they couldn't get out of it(Well they could get out, just not the way they wanted)..

Really England did not deserve to lose this test, BUT in saying that they only have themselves to blame...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Craig said:
From an Australian point of view, it was the amazingly tight bowling. Every bowler was at the Poms, with line and length and movement. Where the English bowlers keep straying to leg, Australia are nagging at off-stump almost every ball.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
PY said:
I want to cry. I didn't leave the radio on over night and I wake to this. :(
At least you haven't been awake all night enduring this horror show. I will be going to no lengths whatsoever to watch the rest of this series, because I'm 100% sure we have no hope whatsoever of even remaining competitive in the remaining Tests unless we undergo a drastic change of approach and get some serious cricket under our belts.

We are about to lose an unlosable Test match, and I personally am thoroughly embarrassed by it. The players need to take a long hard look at themselves, and concentrate on getting whatever they can out of the remaining Tests. The Ashes are gone. :(

Craig

World Traveller
This would really be heart breaking for England, I mean it is one thing to lose if you had a real chance of winning but to have this is just sad.

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
This was a bad loss. Pity for the series because its basically killed it off.

Last edited:

Slow Love™

International Captain
It'll be an interesting MOM call this one. Collignwood, Ponting, Hussey, Hoggard (to a lesser degree Warne and KP but both had a poor innings each) all have claims.

Who should get it?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Drop by Jones.

That scoreboard that says 'X runs to win' is giving me horrible memories of last year...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Slow Love™ said:
It'll be an interesting MOM call this one. Collignwood, Ponting, Hussey, Hoggard (to a lesser degree Warne and KP but both had a poor innings each) all have claims.

Who should get it?
Hoggard for mine.

Fire up Huss!

Slow Love™

International Captain
Arrow said:
This was a bad lose. Pity for the series because its basically killed it off.
Great win by Australia. But I pretty much agree, after what happened the first two sessions today, my anticipation for the rest of the series has appreciably dropped.

Can't help but be excited by such a win though. Fantastic stuff, this team is just never out of a game.

Craig

World Traveller
Can please Ricky Ponting and michael Hussey have a form slump.

How many runs do you want to get?

Geez Australia are all celebrating if they won the WC and the lottery all at once.