• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

chalky

International Debutant
Sky are reporting that England have named an unchanged side for this test

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
chalky said:
Sky are reporting that England have named an unchanged side for this test
unbelievable if true. Fletcher really nailing his colours to the mast. It's likely Panesar will now get his first bowl of the series when England or 3 or 4 down.

It's not going to happen but Fletcher should go after the Ashes. If he doesn't go after the WC its a disaster.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is total BS. Honestly, what the hell? I don't think it was realistic to expect Monty to run through Oz, but I bet he'd be an awful lot more economical than Anderson. Or Harmison & Hoggard too, come to that.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
BoyBrumby said:
This is total BS. Honestly, what the hell? I don't think it was realistic to expect Monty to run through Oz, but I bet he'd be an awful lot more economical than Anderson. Or Harmison & Hoggard too, come to that.
It's not even that. It's the fact that he's earnt the right to play in this series, he was by far our best bowler during the summer and deserves a spot. What sort of message is it sending to Monty and other young players?

Play as well as you want but at the end of the day the old boys will always come first, regardless.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, lets look on the bright side, at least I can get an early night, because I'm not watching this farce:@

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Why do they keep selecting Giles? He is as penetrating as candy floss.
I was looking forward to seeing Monty, and Australias can be very vunerable to quality spin.