• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Lee loves it when the batsmen aren`t attacking him. I know Flintoff fell that way, but I think you should be playing shots against him.

EDIT: Crap Lee is getting a lot of reverse-swing.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
BingLeeElectric said:
That's a pretty picture.

Insults? Tutt, tutt. Practice what you preach.

REPORTED.
As long as you get your act together, or get out, I really don`t care.

Laurrz

International Debutant
**** lots of Reverse for Bing

anywho 5/127 at lunch effectively

hmmm so what u guys think?

Australia must get em all out midway through the next session? i think so

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Does anyone know that song they play with the slow-mo shots before the lunch break? Not the gay voice one, but the one just on then?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BingLeeElectric said:
That's a pretty picture.

Insults? Tutt, tutt. Practice what you preach.

REPORTED.
Haha, he's not going to get banned for calling you a tool because that's precisely what you are.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
If his place was in danger for the third test, Lee has saved it with that spell. Not so much because he bowled brilliantly, but just that he looked threatening and offered a different sort of option in the situation to Clark and McGrath, and was valuable.

It's also the first time I've ever seen him get reverse going both ways, albeit only marginally away. Makes those inswinging yorkers he has always been able to bowl much more dangerous, and shows that Australia's care for the ball and technical abilities regarding reverse swing have improved under Cooley.

Draw still the most likely result by a distance, but one quick wicket after lunch will expose the tail, and anything is possible from there. Australia probably have a little over an hour to take the remaining five wickets after lunch and still have time for the chase. Play should extend to include all 90 overs today, so assuming another 50 odd runs for England, Australia probably have 20-25 overs to take the wickets and still have a reasonable chase.

We'd want to be batting before tea.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
bloody hell what the fudge were England doing in that session, geez i know Australia put them under a lot of pressure but the batting lacked purpose.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I come home from my sign out day at school and England are in the crap, what a beautiful ball that Warne produced to bowl Pietersen, good to see Lee getting a wicket but I hope the English can fight back because they don't really deserve to lose this test. In saying that I hope it's another Edgebaston.

Slow Love™

International Captain
This is so bizarre. If this one's tight at the end, even if it remains a draw, England will have lost a lot of face they've built up over this test. And Warney bowling KP around his legs - unbelievable!

Les Burdett, the Adelaide curator, was scratching his head last night, as the game looked like turning out a turgid draw, insisting that his pitch preparation process was no different to the last six or seven years, which had generally seen a result. He's probably feeling a bit better about things today, although something had gone a bit amiss - he suspected the drier weather beforehand, and then the cooler days that began the test meaning things didn't crack up as normal.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
aussie said:
bloody hell what the fudge were England doing in that session, geez i know Australia put them under a lot of pressure but the batting lacked purpose.
Very true. :)