• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

greg

International Debutant
PhoenixFire said:
How exactly?
Probably for exactly the same reason we celebrated drawing against the Saffers in the third test (at Old Trafford) in 1998. Only in our case we went on to win the series.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
BingLeeElectric said:
Kaspa should have been given not out.
I doubt very much that you (or anyone else for that matter) could have told that his hand was off the bat, Kasper himself said he would have been livid had he been bowling and it not been given out. Anyway, swings & roundabouts I say, you win some lucky decsions you lose some, it's part of cricket.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
I really hope Bell does get a big score, to show for his efforts thus far and for me to justify picking him in my cricket idol thread recently.

A question for the English, would you consider a draw (as it looks like) a pretty good result from Brisbane? In that I mean would you class it up there with winning the Test?
No.

PY

International Coach
I think it is what was needed from an English perspective. Not the draw of course but a performance that has specifics to be worked on rather than 'the whole thing' requiring improving!

All I wanted from this game was a performance that didn't make the Australians look like it was going to be a breeze. If a win came from that then I'd be delighted but progress has been made.

Given the fact that really, the Aussies haven't looked like winning this since England were 2 down in the first dig IMO. England haven't looked much more likely but they've been the best option for a positive result.

Gloucefan said:
:laugh: You like to provoke a reaction don't you.
Not particularly.

I just speak the truth and if that "provokes a reaction" then so be it.

I have no control over whether you "people" accept the facts or chose to continue living in ignorance.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BingLeeElectric said:
Not particularly.

I just speak the truth and if that "provokes a reaction" then so be it.

I have no control over whether you "people" accept the facts or chose to continue living in ignorance.
Oh the irony

tooextracool

International Coach
The draw was the best thing that could have happened for England. Why?
Because if England won this game, we'd continue to see the likes of Anderson and Giles in the England side for the next test match.
On Anderson, his action like i suspected has ruined his ability to bowl the kind of outswingers that gave him a bit of potential as a rookie a few years ago. Saying that though he hasnt even been half as accurate as he was in the subcontinent last year. More like a case of being rushed back a bit too early.

tooextracool

International Coach
Matteh said:
Naah, just use Pietersen and put Joyce in the batting lineup.
Probably the stupidest move you can possibly make. Going in with no spinners on quite possibly another featherbed would be up there with Ponting's decision to field first as Edgbaston last year. Flintoff is already struggling bowling with a 5 man attack, one wonders how he would do being part of a 4 man all pace attack.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
Oh Course Marc would be the only one who would pick Giles over Panesar
Yes, because I don't want a tail starting with Hoggard at 8.

If you actually bothered to read my posts you would see that I did favour playing Panesar as part of a 4 man attack, butcan understand why they want the insurance, as a 4 man with an unfit bowler (I'm looking at you McGrath) is not ideal.

I also suggested playing both of them in a 5 man attack...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Don't like agreeing with the troll, but just because "you win some lucky decsions you lose some, it's part of cricket" doesn't make the decision any more correct. Best of intentions or not, right is right and wrong is wrong. I don't see any exam markers going "I can see he was on the right track, and I can see what he was trying to do, bah, who cares if he got it wrong, lets give him full marks anyway"

It just doesn't work like that. Don't get me wrong, don't really care about Edgbaston anymore, but at the time I was livid because the first thing I thought was "was his hand on the bat?"