• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nnanden said:
Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
Gilchrist
Warne
Clark
MacGill
McGrath

for Perth?

Maiden over to Clarke.
I'd give Lee 1 more test TBH

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
As much as Lee deserves to be dropped, he won't this series. The general public don't realise how poor he has been and the kids love him.

Plus, if he was to go for anyone it would be for Tait or Johnson. Having Clark, McGrath and Watson is too much of a one dimensional pace attack.

I'd like to see;

Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Watson
Hussey
Clarke
Gilchrist
Warne
Clark
Tait
McGrath

No MacGill cause I don't like him.

Great hundred Clarkey!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Once Watson is fit for Perth he got to play since Australia have got to start looking at the future make up of the bowling attack post the McGrath/Warne era where 5-bowlers will be needed IMO. Good mature knock from Pup, pressure would be on Martyn now.

But if Martyn is dropped Hussey would be the man to go up to the crucial #4 spot, which ATM is don't want since #5 really suits Hussey. So anyone think Clarke is good enough to bat @ 4 if Martyn is dropped?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
CLARKE!!!!!!!

Brilliant Innings, chanceless iirc and should have pretty much ended Damien Martyn's test Career.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Nnanden said:
Boo at Adam`s dismissal. Warne batting well, and couldn`t be more impressed with Clarke. I doubted him, and he`s looking good for a ton IMO.
:cool:

Very classy ton.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Anderson hasn't looked anywhere near the Anderson in India earlier this year, if he could have played more test cricket lead up to this series i think he could have really caused Australia some problems.

Don't like the way I keep seeing the England bowlers asking the umpires to justify their decisions. Especially when it's clear it's not out.

I've seen them bugging them a number of times now & it doesn't appear that they are satisfied until it's been explained in length either.

Both Bucknor and Koetzen have credited them with replies which is unfortunate. Who do the England bowlers think they are to be demanding the umps reasoning?

I hope to see the match refferee get involved with this like he did with Lee's "excessive" appealing.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Australia have been doing it as much.

EDIT: Nothing wrong with asking the umpires if they`re happy to give a reply anyway. Umpires aren`t forced to answer.

pasag

RTDAS
Warne out, Hoggard gets his 5fer. Really good bowling from him. Hope Lee comes out smashes some 6's and Ponting declares.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Hoggard has really improved on his bowling on flat decks over the past year, the man is pretty much a bowler for all conditions now.

Dravid

International Captain
Just woke up to watch the English bat. Haha, English bat. Can't believe I even thought that. This match is headed for nothing but a draw now. England lost their chance when Giles dropped Ponting.