• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
BingLeeElectric said:
I find it laughable that guys like Collingwood and Jones even think they can address the great Warne.

Jones needs to focus all his energies on his poor keeping as he just conceeded 3 byes, too busy trying to sledge Warne :laugh: Warne conceeded the most runs ever when he bowled yet still was able to get him out easily. :laugh:

As for Collingwood, Warnes got more talent in his little finger than he has in his entire body. What is Collingwood? 30 something years old with about 10 caps to his name. :laugh:
Bloody shut up. You`re an embarassment to all Australians on this forum.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BingLeeElectric said:
I find it laughable that guys like Collingwood and Jones even think they can address the great Warne.
Haha, want some Kleenex man size?

Laurrz

International Debutant
Oh man, i am LOVING this session.... still BING, Sarfraz and McGrath to come...

LOL i loved it when Warne hit KP just then for a boundary...i was like EAT ****!!!! EAT ****!!!!

anyways the best moment for me is Gilchrist coming bak into some sort of form...kcuf those shots.. i just needed to see that.... **** hes good... if he would've stayed in the crease till lunch Australia would've definately been looking to level Englands 550 in a hurry

i always knew Giles would be the biggest problem funnily enough for Gilly... coz of the rough outside offstump.. however i also knew Gilly loves left arm spin [Vettori Rafique Boje etc.] and he could absolutely murder him.....but yea overall that 60 was good for Australia and much needed...
seriously tho had he been in there even longeri would've prepared my humble pie for JF....
anyways it also would've been nice because we need to put England back into their shell...like old times..like at the Gabba...today morning session it reminded me a lot of England when there bowling attack got on top of our batting and they had all the plans etc. So yea i would've loved if Gilly smashed the **** out of England and tell em THIS IS HOW HE DOES IT :D

anywho how good has Clarke been....so disciplined..anything straight has been 99% of the time flicked for a single... but like Hoggard said, this pitch resembles a subcontinent pitch and we all know how well Clarke does over there ;) ;) ... must be why the Pommy bowlers aren't even bowling any genuine bouncers to him!! must be that slow...

anyways i love how theres a bit of chatter to Warne.. i think hes perfect to chat to coz he can sucked in easily...however it can also be very dangerous because he times it very well....

Slow Love™

International Captain
Sad to see Gilly go when he did. I think it was there to be hit, he just didn't quite get onto it. Giles really punched the air in "Ha ha, I meant that" fashion, too after yet another watermelon. Nice innings, but we all wanted more. Good to see him get some runs, though.

I think Healy cursed us at the time though: From the delivery previous:

Nicholas: That's not a very good place to be fielding for Alistair Cook, is it (bad pad)? I might be looking at the captain and saying" Whoo.. Do you really need me here?"
Healy: "It's rubbish bowling, isn't it?" (from Giles)
Gilchrist dismissed the following delivery

Another interesting little excerpt from a bit later:

Lawry: I think there's even money on a declaration here. Ponting knows England's top order are under the pump..."
Nicholas: "My feeling is that Ponting won't want to give anything to England. He worked so hard for his 140, why give them that 140 back as an advantage?"

pasag

RTDAS
Australia's session, good stuff. Whilst the draw is looking likely it good go either way. Real gripping cricket.

As usual, Hoggard and Flintoff look gun and as soon as they come off, the Aussies never look even slightly troubled.

Laurrz

International Debutant
BingLeeElectric said:

Jones needs to focus all his energies on his poor keeping as he just conceeded 3 byes, too busy trying to sledge Warne :laugh: Warne conceeded the most runs ever when he bowled yet still was able to get him out easily. :laugh:

As for Collingwood, Warnes got more talent in his little finger than he has in his entire body. What is Collingwood? 30 something years old with about 10 caps to his name. :laugh:
great post haha

pasag

RTDAS
Slow Love™ said:
Another interesting little excerpt from a bit later:

Lawry: I think there's even money on a declaration here. Ponting knows England's top order are under the pump..."
Nicholas: "My feeling is that Ponting won't want to give anything to England. He worked so hard for his 140, why give them that 140 back as an advantage?"
Yeh, Nicholas is right here imo.

Edit. **** High 5. This is painful.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I think it's probably in Ponting's best interests to just keep batting for as long as possible, now. As long as Clarke is there with Warne and then Lee as support, the gap should keep closing at a reasonable rate, and if Australia was to somehow get a lead on the back of some runs from the tail and a Clarke century, that's the most likely path to victory. Obviously a draw is the most likely result, though.

I can see a declaration if Australia go 8 or 9 down with say 500 on the board on the vague hope that Warne could rip through England for 100 odd, but otherwise the innings will continue as long as possible. I really hope Clarke gets a century as he really deserves it. He's played really mature innings in both tests, and it's obvious he's worked really hard on his concentration and shot selection. His problem was never really technical IMO, as he has quite a solid technique against the quicker bowlers, but he was playing a lot of silly shots to get out after he was set, which he doesn't look like doing at all now.

Be nice if Warne made a few too. He looked okay before lunch, and certainly if Flintoff keeps bowling Kevin Pietersen at him with defensive fields he's liable to make some runs. Inexplicable captaincy there I thought. Warne's a decent batsman but he's very fragile early in his innings, so you'd have at least wanted to tempt him with some potential boundaries into doing something stupid. Stacking fielders on the fence just ensures he'll play carefully and stay at the crease longer.

Laurrz

International Debutant
BingLeeElectric said:
Gilchrist showing great sportsmanship and concern there.

An Englishman wouldn't have done that. As shown in last years Ashes when Ponting got hit.

Hopefully they can learn a thing or two from the classy Gilly.
the man has a point

Slow Love™

International Captain
pasag said:
Edit. **** High 5. This is painful.
Big fan of Kathleen de Leon here. :) This one must be a lot newer than those I've seen before though, 'cause Charli looks like she's aged substantially.

I think this must be because the leadership challenge displaced normal programming...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Does Channel Nine really think they`ll get more viewers with Hi-5 than TCS?

social

FaaipDeOiad said:
I think it's probably in Ponting's best interests to just keep batting for as long as possible, now. As long as Clarke is there with Warne and then Lee as support, the gap should keep closing at a reasonable rate, and if Australia was to somehow get a lead on the back of some runs from the tail and a Clarke century, that's the most likely path to victory. Obviously a draw is the most likely result, though.

I can see a declaration if Australia go 8 or 9 down with say 500 on the board on the vague hope that Warne could rip through England for 100 odd, but otherwise the innings will continue as long as possible. I really hope Clarke gets a century as he really deserves it. He's played really mature innings in both tests, and it's obvious he's worked really hard on his concentration and shot selection. His problem was never really technical IMO, as he has quite a solid technique against the quicker bowlers, but he was playing a lot of silly shots to get out after he was set, which he doesn't look like doing at all now.

Be nice if Warne made a few too. He looked okay before lunch, and certainly if Flintoff keeps bowling Kevin Pietersen at him with defensive fields he's liable to make some runs. Inexplicable captaincy there I thought. Warne's a decent batsman but he's very fragile early in his innings, so you'd have at least wanted to tempt him with some potential boundaries into doing something stupid. Stacking fielders on the fence just ensures he'll play carefully and stay at the crease longer.
Totally agree - there's still a deal of time left in the match, Oz lead 1 - 0, it would be terribly deflating for Eng to be passed by Oz and there's nothing in the pitch (or our attack tbh) at present to suggest that we can suddenly run through Eng if we declare anytime soon

Seems to be a lot of chat on the field - if I was advising Eng I'd have to tell them to keep their mouthes zipped. Warne & co thrive on that crap and I really cant see too many positives in getting into an Oz-style battle

Captaincy from both sides has been ridiculously defensive - both sets of management are showing that they have few creative bones in their body

BTW, Harmy is not worth his place in the team if he's going to bowl less than 1/6 of the overs on offer - not trusted enough or not fit enough?

social

Nnanden said:
Does Channel Nine really think they`ll get more viewers with Hi-5 than TCS?
If the audience demographics are similar to my 12 month old or Bing Lee - then yes

No doubt by the close of play and Harmisson's figures are 0 - 197, going at 4 an over, everyone will still be saying how he bowled really well this time.

Perm

Compared to how he bowled in Brisbane he has been bowling pretty well, plus he's been quite enthusiastic which is very odd for him.