• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
And that's where the approach of setting defensive fields and relying on accurate bowling comes undone, like it did for Australia with KP and Collingwood. Giles has actually looked a bit more threatening than people here are saying IMO, but aside from Flintoff none of the bowlers look like manufacturing a wicket. There's no significant reverse swing for whatever reason, and if England don't take a couple with the new ball it'll get tough for them to force a victory.
I agree - this whole game has basically been a war of attrition with hardly any creativity shown (although Flintoff is at least changing the bowlers regularly)

However, Eng still has a massive lead and breaking up this partnership could change the course of the match

Barney Rubble

International Coach
BingLeeElectric said:
Because your coach keeps picking inadequate players. It's your own fault.
In an attempt to keep this debate above the usual level of mud-slinging, would you care to point out the obvious candidates to replace these so-called "inadequate players"? By that I expect more than "Panesar should be playing".

Barney Rubble said:
In an attempt to keep this debate above the usual level of mud-slinging, would you care to point out the obvious candidates to replace these so-called "inadequate players"? By that I expect more than "Panesar should be playing".
Any other spinner who cant take wickets but can catch.

Giles bowling negative, boring over the wicket stuff again. But unlike Pietersen, the Aus batsman have the ability to use their bats quite a lot & not just pad it all away, tediously.

Wonder if Michael Holding's watching. If so I'll be interested to hear his views today.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
BingLeeElectric said:
*Cough, cough* Ian Bell.

Hussey is better than all your batsman.
Hussey's better than most of our batsmen, yes. But my point is he's not good enough to average anywhere near 77 in Test cricket. Pay attention.

Any other spinner who cant take wickets but can catch.
Care to suggest some names? I'm looking for proof you know enough about English cricket to talk credibly about it, just in case you didn't realise.

Matteh

BingLeeElectric said:
Giles bowling negative, boring over the wicket stuff again. But unlike Pietersen, the Aus batsman have the ability to use their bats quite a lot & not just pad it all away, tediously.

Wonder if Michael Holding's watching. If so I'll be interested to hear his views today.
Giles is bowling straighter than Warne. The balls would hit the stumps if left alone, Warne's were always missing and way wider.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Barney Rubble said:
Hussey's better than most of our batsmen, yes. But my point is he's not good enough to average anywhere near 77 in Test cricket.
:laugh: his average just hit 80.00 with his 55*

Barney Rubble

International Coach
BingLeeElectric said:

Credit for the first and last use of the name Pietersen in conjunction with the word "tedious". I'm assuming you'd fallen asleep by the time he hit his 222 Test boundaries and 33 sixes!

pasag

RTDAS
Another brillliant shot by Hussey. Having watched every single one of his innings, it's this one I'm most proud of.

social

from cricinfo

Monty asks ... "Is it illegal in Australia to throw greasy palmed, slow left-arm bowlers who couldn't get Boycott's grandmother out on a good day, to the crocs?"

Matteh

social said:
from cricinfo

Monty asks ... "Is it illegal in Australia to throw greasy palmed, slow left-arm bowlers who couldn't get Boycott's grandmother out on a good day, to the crocs?"
Does Boycott's grandmother answer to Tendulkar/Ponting or Mohammed Yousef?

pasag

RTDAS
Matteh said:
Well, how close was that?

Half a video frame in it. :p
I suspect it was out behind Jones's gloves but since they were in the way benefit of the doubt had to be given.