• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

Josh

International Regular
Australia's session.

Ponting is a living legend, and Hussey can't go out. Write this one down as a draw, gentlemen.

chalky

International Debutant
Chanceless session by Australia. Engalnd are going to have to find some inspiration from somewhere because Pointing and Hussey will not get themelves out.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Fantastic century from Ponting. Obviously it's still a flat wicket, but there was plenty of pressure and some good bowling, and he was rock solid after the drop. He's simply the best batsman in the world, and his record since last Ashes is incredible. He's come away from that series with a point to prove, his captaincy has improved and he's scored 10 centuries in his last 13 tests.

Averaging over 60 now, more centuries than any other Australian cricketer and getting better as he goes.

Hussey has been very good too. As soon as he came in he took the right approach under the circumstances, has barely played a risky shot and left everything wide of off-stump in his first hour at the crease. Flintoff has troubled him with some good bowling, but Hussey's selection of which delivery to play has been flawless, which is where batsmen like Hayden, Gilchrist and Katich have fallen down playing Flintoff when he comes around the wicket.

Second session Australia have won in the test anyway. If they don't lose more than one or two post-tea it'll be a decent day, and the result is still alive as long as these two stay at the crease.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
chalky said:
Chanceless session by Australia. Engalnd are going to have to find some inspiration from somewhere because Pointing and Hussey will not get themelves out.
And that's where the approach of setting defensive fields and relying on accurate bowling comes undone, like it did for Australia with KP and Collingwood. Giles has actually looked a bit more threatening than people here are saying IMO, but aside from Flintoff none of the bowlers look like manufacturing a wicket. There's no significant reverse swing for whatever reason, and if England don't take a couple with the new ball it'll get tough for them to force a victory.

Laurrz

International Debutant
OMFG Ponting ... get on him!! (not that way)

im so proud of him.... backs against the wall... under a pretty good bowling attack who have their tails up and they were moving it about a bit...

but yea thanks Giles... i don't think it was a sitter so yea Ponting hit it hard so i guess u earn ur luck..but should've been swallowed for sure haha... i just wish it wasn't Giles i wish it was Flintoff or something

still a lot of work to do though before stumps... and even tomorrow....but yayyy hopefully these two bat till the second new ball ;)

Clarke Gilchrist Warne Lee Clark McGrath to come!!!! none of em are slouches ;)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ponting is quite simply the best!

Last week in the CM Neil Harvey was ridiculing him saying he was quite simply a good batsmen but nother better. He also went on to rubbish claims that he was 1 of our top 5 batsmen, and that he wouldn't have made it into the "Invincibles Squad". In other words, typical Neil Harvey crap. All i can say is stick that century in your pipe and smoke it Harvey!!!!!!!!