Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    Well, an in-form Gilchrist can bat wherever the hell he wants.
    i agree

the form bit is my concern

Nah, don't go with 5. What's the point? One bowler gets severely under-bowled and you weaken the batting significantly.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    There's no way they will pick five bowlers, it'd be stupid.

There's two options as far as I can see, which are to go in with the same team, or to drop a batsman and a bowler for Watson and MacGill. Clarke and Clark the obvious choices to go, but it's plausible that they'd get rid of Martyn or Lee.

I doubt they'll bring in Watson without the second spinner after Clarke made runs, though they would have picked him without MacGill in Brisbane. Personally I'm leaning towards them keeping the same side.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Yep, they'll stick with the same side imo. They have decided already I think, when do we find out?
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

I'd play Watson with MacGill in Adelaide. There's an argument for dropping Lee and keeping Clark, but Adelaide won't crack up like Brisbane.

In any case, whoever isn't picked for the 11 is hard done by IMO. Everyone in consideration deserves to play.

I'd be keeping the same side, with perhaps Watson coming in (depending on fitness of course) for either Clarke or Martyn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes
    I'd play Watson with MacGill in Adelaide. There's an argument for dropping Lee and keeping Clark, but Adelaide won't crack up like Brisbane.

In any case, whoever isn't picked for the 11 is hard done by IMO. Everyone in consideration deserves to play.
    Yeah I agree. It'll be unlucky for Clark, Lee, Watson and Clarke if any of them miss out, but one of them has to. Then there's MacGill, who is always unlucky.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Maybe its because I am not Australian but I don't see how you can drop a guy that just took seven wickets for you - pitch or not. I mean, I don't know why that would even be an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Maybe its because I am not Australian but I don't see how you can drop a guy that just took seven wickets for you - pitch or not. I mean, I don't know why that would even be an option.
    Horses for courses, simply. It'd be like if Stuart MacGill took 7 wickets in Adelaide, and the WACA looked to be a traditional Perth wicket and was rock hard and quick and offered nothing for the spinners. They'd drop him for someone like Clark.

Obviously Clark will be unlucky to get dropped, but if they want to pick MacGill because of the surface they have to drop someone, and it'd be extremely harsh to drop Lee after one poor test when he led the attack last summer in McGrath's absence. I'm pretty sure Clark knows that he's done enough to keep himself in the minds of the selectors now, and if he gets dropped for MacGill it'll only be a temporary thing.

International Regular shortpitched713's Avatar
    Not quick enough, imo. Bring in Tait!

Seriously though, I think they're just going to bring in Watson for Clarke, as Clarke really didn't seize his opportunity ala Clark and Langer.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Horses for courses, simply. It'd be like if Stuart MacGill took 7 wickets in Adelaide, and the WACA looked to be a traditional Perth wicket and was rock hard and quick and offered nothing for the spinners. They'd drop him for someone like Clark.

Obviously Clark will be unlucky to get dropped, but if they want to pick MacGill because of the surface they have to drop someone, and it'd be extremely harsh to drop Lee after one poor test when he led the attack last summer in McGrath's absence. I'm pretty sure Clark knows that he's done enough to keep himself in the minds of the selectors now, and if he gets dropped for MacGill it'll only be a temporary thing.
    I dunno, if MacGill takes 7 wickets, I'd keep him even at Perth...until he proves he can't.

IMO you pick your best horses regardless of the courses, with very few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    There's no way they will pick five bowlers, it'd be stupid.

There's two options as far as I can see, which are to go in with the same team, or to drop a batsman and a bowler for Watson and MacGill. Clarke and Clark the obvious choices to go, but it's plausible that they'd get rid of Martyn or Lee.

I doubt they'll bring in Watson without the second spinner after Clarke made runs, though they would have picked him without MacGill in Brisbane. Personally I'm leaning towards them keeping the same side.
    Clarke hasn't done enough for mine and with it being a back-to-back test, I think they should include Watson for a bit of back-up bowling at his expense.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes

Thats what I'd do as well. Agreed that anyone who misses out is unlucky.
    Member of CW Black
    Goalkeeper for the Northside Power
    NZI Manager in WCC

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    I dunno, if MacGill takes 7 wickets, I'd keep him even at Perth...until he proves he can't.
    I didn't know you were a 90s England selector...
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information