• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Buchanan is a joke really, with the talent at his disposal, he should wipe the floor with any twam that comes within 100 miles of Aus.

adharcric

International Coach
Really looking forward to Flintoff claiming Ponting's wicket with a gem of a delivery today. Hopefully Harmy and Hoggy show up as well.

pasag

RTDAS
One feels that it will be a nerve racking day spent on the edge of the couch for Australian fans.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
pasag said:
One feels that it will be a nerve racking day spent on the edge of the couch for Australian fans.
Or a frightfully boring day for English fans, who will just witness how truly flat and unresponsive this pitch is when Ponting and company ton up big style. Though pressure is a funny thing, the pitch is still flat as old assholes but snare the captain earlier and who knows. Decisive day this, if the Australians are still batting tomorrow morning this game should be Mister Ed.

Last edited:

techno t

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
adharcric said:
Really looking forward to Flintoff claiming Ponting's wicket with a gem of a delivery today. Hopefully Harmy and Hoggy show up as well.
where's the mention of Giles :laugh:

Will be our seamers that do the damage, until they (well fletcher) decide to be attacking and pick Monty.

Laurrz

International Debutant
"It is a case of keeping our discipline," Pietersen said. "We will set really good fields, positive-defensive fields to bore the Australians."

Warne tried to smoke Pietersen out by bowling around the wicket in a ploy which drew criticism for being negative but which Pietersen claimed as a tactical victory.

"I think I have won the battle," he said. "He tells me all the time it is an aggressive and positive move to come around the wicket. It is a case of patience when he comes around the wicket. He is the greatest bowler who has walked on this planet. It is a plan he is obviously working to.

"He knows I like to be positive and aggressive - maybe he can't get me out. He has tried to get me out over the wicket for three innings."

Pietersen also charged McGrath, hitting him for three fours in one over, but he denied he launched a premeditated assault.

"It's just the way I play," he said. "I am just a positive player. I don't go out and play the man."

Josh

International Regular
The Baconator said:
Yeah this does seem to have draw written all over it. Only chances of a result are really if we skittle 'em or they get a big score and we badly **** up in the second.
Wouldn't put it past England lol

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
Ironically i posted far more in the first test thread than this one. So perhaps the 'all' English fans might not be very apt. Then again maybe im not one of those stereotypical English cricket fans.
I have the most posts in this thread I think, so I wouldn't say all the Australian fans have gone missing either. I haven't noticed a major difference in activity to be honest, aside from that this Ashes is much less active than the last one.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
i do hope that Australia goes for the win. We do know what happens whenever they go for victories in games that their primary focus should be the draw, i.e Eden Gardens and Eden Gardens II in Adelaide 03/04
Surely you'd agree it's a bit early to play for a draw? There's three days left in the test. Australia's primary focus should be making a good first innings total and seeing where things go from there. Australia usually score fairly quickly after all, and if they bat though today and into day four there's a realistic chance of pushing for victory if England get bowled out in 50-60 overs like in Brisbane.

Obviously if Australia struggle with the bat or England bat well in the second innings again, a draw is the best option.