Cricket Player Manager
Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1597

Thread: ***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

  1. #1561
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,104
    Australian fans don't usually sing at the cricket at all, to be perfectly honest. I really don't care if they do or not, so I don't think it makes them "bad fans", and certainly they weren't quiet for four days. Did you see the ovation Ponting got for his hundred? You can actually support a team without shouting slogans for the whole test and having a 25 drink minimum. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind.

    I thought the "look at the scoreboard" chant as a response to the 340th chorus of "we are the army" for the day was pretty funny really.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

  2. #1562
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    I have a question: Why do Australian cricketers have this ass-grabbing, dry-rooting, man-hugging culture in their team which means that every time they win they carry on like they've just won lotto?! They win every game yet still act like it's the end of a 5 year losing streak. It's truly sickening. Aren't they getting enough at home?
    Worst offender, Adam Gilchrist.
    Last edited by Fiery; 05-12-2006 at 01:52 PM.

  3. #1563
    Hall of Fame Member steds's Avatar
    Breakout Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ****ing cold and ****ing wet
    Posts
    17,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery
    I have a question: Why do Australian cricketers have this ass-grabbing, dry-rooting, man-hugging culture in their team which means that every time they win they carry on like they've just won lotto?! They win every game yet still carry on like it's the end of a 5 year losing streak. It's truly sickening. Aren't they getting enough sex at home?
    Worst offender, Adam Gilchrist.
    Welcome back, dude.

  4. #1564
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    Welcome back, dude.
    Good to be back Steds. I appreciate the talent of the Aussie cricketers, most of them are legends of the game but this hugging and kissing and licking must stop. I hate to think what goes on in the dressing room. I bet Pup can hardly walk this morning.


  5. #1565
    International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bitch please, I'm from West Yorkshire
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery
    I have a question: Why do Australian cricketers have this ass-grabbing, dry-rooting, man-hugging culture in their team which means that every time they win they carry on like they've just won lotto?! They win every game yet still carry on like it's the end of a 5 year losing streak. It's truly sickening. Aren't they getting enough sex at home?
    Worst offender, Adam Gilchrist.
    I agree with Gilchrist. He manages to grab Brett Lee's behind a little too many times for it to be pure coincidence................
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

  6. #1566
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wearside
    Posts
    205
    That cringeworthy gloved fist tap that the England batsman feel the need to when they meet in the middle, after every single ball is a lot worse.

    All comes across as very forced and reminded me of when Henman tries to fire himself up with his clenched fist "C'mon"s at Wimbledon.

  7. #1567
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire
    I agree with Gilchrist. He manages to grab Brett Lee's behind a little too many times for it to be pure coincidence................
    Ha ha. I've noticed he always homes in on him, pushing Justin Langer out of the way. Brett is quite pretty
    Last edited by Fiery; 05-12-2006 at 01:57 PM.

  8. #1568
    State Captain Nishant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    london
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery
    Good to be back Steds. I appreciate the talent of the Aussie cricketers, most of them are legends of the game but this hugging and kissing and licking must stop. I hate to think what goes on in the dressing room. I bet Pup can hardly walk this morning.


  9. #1569
    State Captain Nishant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    london
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery
    Ha ha. I've noticed he always homes in on him, pushing Justin Langer out of the way. Brett is quite pretty

    Okay...........this thread is kinda scaring me now!

  10. #1570
    International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bitch please, I'm from West Yorkshire
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery
    Ha ha. I've noticed he always homes in on him, pushing Justin Langer out of the way. Brett is quite pretty
    Of course, even straight blokes think that

  11. #1571
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    45,340

    Man, Fletcher talking industrial grade bullplop there,

    "Look at Australia where [Shane] Warne had that 100 partnership with [Michael] Clarke [in the first innings]. Those runs put the pressure back on to us. We think Ashley [Giles] can do that better. That's the reason."

    is he seriously trying to suggest that Warne's batting is the reason he's picked ahead of MacGill?!?

    Anyway, congratulations to Australia. They showed what a champion team they are &, frighteningly, have obvious areas that can be improved.

    I thought our middle order was a shambles; Fred, KP & Jones all played shots that in the circumstances were, at best, injudicious & at worst downright fugging stupid.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

  12. #1572
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer techno t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    65
    pissed off, england snatched defeat from the jaws of a comfortable draw

    god there has to be changes now, shouldnt there???

    knowing ol'fletch he'll do bugger all and blame the fact the sun was in the batsmens eyes, the aussies didnt play fair they should give us a chance you know, the wind was blowing in the wrong direction for the bowlers to take wickets.

    Just put out a bloody attacking side, tis what won us the ashes after all

    now im off to hide from the gloating aussies

    see you in 9 days time


    *
    For total off topic chat and randomness, try out this place

  13. #1573
    International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bitch please, I'm from West Yorkshire
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    Man, Fletcher talking industrial grade bullplop there,

    "Look at Australia where [Shane] Warne had that 100 partnership with [Michael] Clarke [in the first innings]. Those runs put the pressure back on to us. We think Ashley [Giles] can do that better. That's the reason."

    is he seriously trying to suggest that Warne's batting is the reason he's picked ahead of MacGill?!?

    Anyway, congratulations to Australia. They showed what a champion team they are &, frighteningly, have obvious areas that can be improved.

    I thought our middle order was a shambles; Fred, KP & Jones all played shots that in the circumstances were, at best, injudicious & at worst downright fugging stupid.
    I agree Jones and Flintoff were stupid, but KP wasn't that stupid really. Very, very rarley does that sweep shot not come off, and you'd back him nearly every time to make it, it was a horrible ball that didn't deserve to get a wicket anyway.

  14. #1574
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    45,340
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire
    I agree Jones and Flintoff were stupid, but KP wasn't that stupid really. Very, very rarley does that sweep shot not come off, and you'd back him nearly every time to make it, it was a horrible ball that didn't deserve to get a wicket anyway.
    I may've missed one, but I don't think he deployed the sweep once against Warne in the first innings. Did ok then, as I recall.

  15. #1575
    International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bitch please, I'm from West Yorkshire
    Posts
    14,988
    Well, you very rarely see him miss any sort of shots



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Which Country Will Be The Next Test Nation?
    By albo97056 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 12:36 AM
  2. CW Players A-Z
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW Development League
    Replies: 316
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 12:35 AM
  3. Oldest Test Team?
    By chaminda_00 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 13-09-2006, 11:01 PM
  4. Playing test cricket in their 40s
    By Pratters in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 27-11-2005, 10:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •