• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 1st Test at The Gabba

mohammad16

U19 Captain
wow ENGLISH stupidity is beyond belief, some of the shots they have attempted are jus crazzzzzy, they deserve to loose this match now, if they jus kept a level head

look at the dismissals

strauss played one of the most stupid shots ever, collingwood the same, flintoff the same

and peiterson has played some dumb shots and is lucky to be there, if they would have jus kept thier heads, england had a big chance to save or win this game

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I think Collingwood was a little bit unlucky, looked to me like it took off from a crack. Still, don't see why you'd want to hit one into orbit in a situation like this.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Warney :notworthy

Lee's efforts have been disappointing today. I really thought he would step up for this series after his improved test form over the last 12 months and with McGrath off the field for a stretch this was an ideal opportunity to do so.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've also been disappointed in Lee, he's had a few edges go through the slips and some shots played off him that were pretty poor but he hasn't really been able to find the cracks and make some movement off them on a consistent basis.

Isolator

State 12th Man
AARGH, screw the ESPN-StarSports bastards, they've cut to the IND-SA pre-match talk show... a talk show instead of good cricket. Screw them to hell.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
ahahaahaha long live CBN!!!!!! showing all 3 series, hey whcih espn are u talking bout, is that espn on dish network by any chance

Dravid

International Captain
Isolator said:
AARGH, screw the ESPN-StarSports bastards, they've cut to the IND-SA pre-match talk show... a talk show instead of good cricket. Screw them to hell.
Werd, 18 overs left in the day and they cut it out for a stupid talk show. Ffs whats more important? Ashes, or a talk show....and the idiots can't even show it on Star sports, they have to show it in hindi for people who cant understand english!! ugh!!!

pasag

RTDAS
Stumps 5/293. Best day of the match from a cricket perspective

Bureau of Meteorology said:
Forecast for Monday
A possible afternoon or evening thunderstorm. Light to moderate E to NE winds.

Precis: Afternoon storm
City: Min 18 Max 29

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see Eng showing some ticker but Strauss, Colly, Freddie and KP (but for the grace of god on occasions) have done their best to undo a lot of good work

KP is such an exciting player but obviously brainless - plays so many get out shots when there's absolutely no need to score any more quickly than he does naturally.

Craig

World Traveller
Geriant Jones looking solid there and is really determined to stay out there with KP. Pieterson is now 8 runs short of his well deserved century and if he gets I would say it was way better then Langer's and up there with Ponting's and if it helps save England the match then it would have to go down as a better knock.

I'm still stumped at what happened to England in the first three days, I mean did the real England team had been up in Northern Terrority out fishing and drinking beers while their clones were getting thumped in Brisbane. Well either that or somebody has something better.

oz_fan

International Regular
Finally something competitive from England. Cook, Collingwood and KP all played great knocks and have given England a slim chance of drawing the test.

Had to have a chuckle at the Collingwood dismissal.

Hussain goes on & on repeating over & over how mentally strong he is etc.

Big time bottler.

Reminded me that other well reknowned "mentally tough" batsman, Mark Ramprakash when he did the thing to Warne in the '01 Ashes and got stumped when the pressure was on.

pasag

RTDAS
Craig said:
I'm still stumped at what happened to England in the first three days, I mean did the real England team had been up in Northern Terrority out fishing and drinking beers while their clones were getting thumped in Brisbane. Well either that or somebody has something better.
Nerves obviously. They seem to have gotten them under control and will be highly competitive from here on in. They shouldn't be underestimated under any circumstances and this test should just be treated as an anomaly imo.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Flintoff's shot was far worse than those from Strauss or Collingwood. Strauss was playing a shot that is a legitimate rungetter for him at home, and Collingwood had made 96 and just lost concentration and was suckered by a good delivery.

Flintoff got a fairly short one and just heaved across the line at it, having just started his innings, as captain and trying to save the test. Absolutely unforgivable. If he's a test number six the way he's playing recently, then so is Brett Lee.

Anyway, top knocks from Cook, Collingwood and Pietersen. I really like watching Cook bat, he's got a great temprament and tries really hard, and while Collingwood doesn't normally impress me that much he did play well. KP's battle with Warne is great to watch and he played a good innings, if a bit over aggressive and lucky at times given the match situation.

England should take heart from the Perth test against South Africa last year. Though it was much flatter wicket, South Africa were a couple down early on day 5 and managed to save the game very comfortably. There's only three sessions to go, and if they get to lunch without losing more than one wicket and the storms come early, they could theoretically save the game. The safe money is still on Australia of course, but it's alive.

From an Australian perspective, Lee was very disappointing today. I thought he bowled quite well in the first innings and was a little unlucky, but today he was unimaginative and unthreatening, and was back to his old bad habits. Clark was absolutely magnificent before lunch, and at least consistent afterwards and has generally been very impressive. McGrath was okay and bowled a few potential wicket balls, but didn't bowl that many overs due to the injury and will probably be a bigger threat tomorrow with the new ball. Warne was, of course, just fantastic. Wasn't the best day of bowling I've ever seen from him or anything, but he just kept trying and deserved every wicket he got. Hopefully he goes on to make it a sizable bag tomorrow.